Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in ten states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise in December and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on.
The Operations Support Associate will play a key role in supporting the Business Development Team with the independent agent appointment process, perform compliance reviews of agency documentation and perform other ad-hoc support functions to support the sales cycle.
- Monitor email and internal communications channels to gather and provide status updates of documents required for agent appointments.
- Locate and upload agency appointment documents into CRM platform
- Monitor for expiration for Errors and Omissions policies and agency state licenses
- Provide reporting to the Business Development Team of agency activity through the various stages of the sales pipeline
- Monitor internal agent’s licenses and proactively work with leadership to ensure license renewals are handled in a timely manner
- Assist agents with issues arising from the policy download process
- Approve the daily batches of policy documents prior to being mailed to policyholders
- Perform administrative tasks with the CRM platform and document collection system to ensure data integrity
- Coordinate and manage hierarchical account linkage to ensure proper reporting and commission compensation
- Serve as a subject matter expert during onboarding of newly appointed agents
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of working experience, insurance experience is a plus
- Good command of Microsoft Excel. ERP software knowledge a plus.
- Self-starter mentality with strong time-management skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities
- Customer-centric mindset with the ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Generous medical, dental, vision insurance plans, 401k corporate contribution, FSA benefits
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even prior to COVID restrictions
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.