DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
We want people who are passionate, have customer-centric, execution-oriented Leadership with excellent leadership skills and business acumen who will develop, scale, and Lead a rapidly growing Global 24/7/365 Support team of highly Functional, Engaged, and Caring Engineers to offer the best-in-class Support to our Customers. We help Customers with their hosting and application (WordPress, Magento, PHP) related queries/issues.
In this position, you will lead the 24/7 customer support operations in achieving high customer satisfaction goals and be responsible for the sustainable and long-term strategy of the Support team. You will be leading a team of team leaders and collaborating with the rest of the operations team. You will report directly to the Senior Management
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Take ownership of the Customer Experience KPIs and most importantly Customer Centric Culture. Ensure operational efficiency and consistency (KPIs and SLA) with the aim to bring in an operational excellence perspective. knows how to get things done.
- Closely coordinate with Customer Success and cross-functional teams to prioritize the needs of customers and your department.
- Meet aggressive support availability objectives while providing hands-on leadership during customer-impacting events (product outages and incidents)
- Forecast the future- load (headcount) based on growth and plan accordingly to ensure consistent service levels. Motivate staff and foster a positive learning environment.
- Attract, Hire, Retain, Develop, Lead, Structure, and Mentor the growing Global team of Technical Support Engineers and operations Supports Staff to offer Consistent, Responsive, and High-Quality Support experience to our Customers.
- Improve and scale several (People, Technology, Support) Processes/SOPs to ensure Customer satisfaction, smooth and efficient operations, and Happy/Caring Engineers.
- Establishes and drives clear accountability for all team members, creates an environment that enables effective team performance and excellent communication for smooth 24/7 operations across all support channels
- Develop Direct Reports, being adept at identifying the potential of others and assuming a role in harvesting it.
- Nurtures talent from within and coaches for high performance. Assigns challenging assignments to develop the skills of staff. Encourages others to consistently meet and exceed performance goals with enthusiasm.
- Creates an enjoyable work environment to maximize retention of staff. Recognizes and rewards the accomplishments of individuals and the team.
- Maintain shift managers & team schedules ensuring 24/7 shift coverage
- Takes appropriate action with problem performers in a timely way.
What You’ll Add to Cloudways - A DigitalOcean Company:
- 10-12 years of working experience along with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science preferred
- Experience in managing and scaling technical support or managed services team of at least 50 people. So been there, done that
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-focused with strong customer service skills
- Compatible with 24/7 environment and resilient to pressure and multitasking
- A good understanding of the IT industry and Hosting
- Decent Linux (Apache, Nginx, MySQL) and Development (PHP, WordPress, Magento, Open-Source Application) skills are plus
- Great Interpersonal, mentoring/coaching and Leadership skills. Adept at assessing situations and making decisions
- Analytical (problem-solving) mindset, attention to detail, process-oriented and Abstract thinking (be able to create resolution paths for high-level problems) skills
- Experience with various Support Communication Systems is plus, such as; Live Chat, Zendesk, Intercom as well as other large-scale Phone and Chat support systems.
Why You’ll Like Working for Cloudways - A DigitalOcean Company:
- We reward our employees. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In Pakistan, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, an annual performance bonus, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role