Quick Take: Axios is a company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We’re hiring an Editor to oversee residential and commercial real estate and develop content at scale for local and national audiences.
Why it matters: The Real Estate editor will develop new Axios coverage that helps people understand the market conditions, trends and the industry’s relationship with the economy.
Go deeper: This individual will be responsible for launching new weekend real estate content to local newsletter audiences and collaborating with the Axios business team on national real estate coverage as well.
- Working with Axios real estate reporters and other Axios local and national newsletter reporters, this editor will collaborate across teams to deliver timely coverage that leverages the best of our journalism across multiple cities
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Understanding of Smart Brevity approach and commitment to master it
- At least 3 years of editing experience and at least two years of experience covering real estate for national or local publication
- Understanding of all facets of the real estate industry, from financing and banking to home builders and home renovation. (A broad range of experience will inform how to meet readers’ information needs)
- Mastery of real estate data, from home price trends, new construction, rental market trends and commercial real estate
- Strong preference for experience overseeing and/or launching real estate coverage for publication, such as a print edition, an app or web site, special reports or similar content
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Proven record of overseeing high-quality real estate coverage
- Strong managerial experience preferred
- Experienced at collaborating with multiple teams
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund,” which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Base salary for this role is in the range of $60,000-$120,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.