thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world’s largest resale platforms for women’s and kids’ apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. In 2018, we extended our platform with thredUP’s Resale-As-A-Service (RaaSⓇ), which facilitates modern resale for a number of the world’s leading brands and retailers. thredUP has processed over 125 million unique secondhand items from 35,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry.
How You Will Make An Impact
At thredUP we’re revolutionizing the clothing industry, and we want your help to design and evolve applications that build the backbone of our company. From image-processing and real-time prediction systems, to distribution center automation and workflow-management, there are a huge number of challenging and fun projects on the horizon that you can make an impact on. We are also devoting significant time towards decoupled services, machine learning, continuous integration, and scalability.
What We Offer:
- 4-day work week with Fridays off
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data) + stock
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 13 company holidays (US offices)
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- Voted “50 Most Innovative Companies of 2020”
- RaaS - Finalist in Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Awards 2021
- 2021 FORTUNE Change the World Finalist
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team.
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
If you are a Colorado applicant, please e–mail firstname.lastname@example.org for salary information.