Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
Hims and Hers is seeking an experienced Lead Software Engineer to help build a fast, reliable, and frictionless telemedicine end-user experience.You Will:
- You will lead the design, development, and implementation of scalable and performant frontend solutions
- You will set best practices for architecture, coding, delivery, and operation of your team's services
- In addition, you will build relationships with other teams to collaborate and lead the way in developing reusable, scalable designs that benefit the entire organization
- You will partner with other engineering teams, product, design, infrastructure, and project management while serving as a mentor and advocate for your own team
- Contribute to the vision for the team and the platform as technical leader, identifying new and strategic technologies that improve security, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Collaborate with backend and quality engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that powers forhims.com and forhers.com.
- Take part in all frontend engineering-related and business-related decisions, with the expectation that you’ll grow as a leader and engineer
- Brainstorm features with product and designers, and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Actively participate in retrospectives and help drive continuous improvement in our process and culture
- 7+ years as a software engineer, shipping production code. Experience in management is a plus.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of responsive design and cross-browser compatibility.
- Ability to move quickly and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of CSS, design principles, and component library creation.
- Capable of prioritizing multiple projects in order to meet goals without management oversight.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this email address.