eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for leading browsers on the market. Our privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange between content creators, publishers, advertisers and users.
In combining our User Growth partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 250 million monthly active users.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy and sustainability as well as keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. If working remotely isn’t for you, we also have two offices (Cologne and Berlin) that you can choose to work from. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week. By offering remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that offers a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.What you'll do
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will be part of the core team responsible for devising novel machine learning approaches to ad filtering. The models you develop will be embedded in all our popular products like AdBlock Plus and Adblock.
You will have the opportunity to work on a unique dataset containing millions of data points, and develop solutions which potentially impact not only our user base of 250 million but also tangibly contribute to the future of online tracking and privacy.
As a senior member of the team, you will play a key role in defining the technical direction of our projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ship our features to the end users. Additionally, you have the opportunity to mentor junior engineers and contribute to their growth. The team is strategically poised and rapidly expanding its portfolio of offerings. If these aspects excite you we are looking forward to talking to you.After your morning routine, you'll be expected to...
- Develop and deliver machine-learning solutions to enable automated ad filtering using state-of-the-art machine-learning models
- You also know how to strike a balance between building sustainable, high-quality products/features and releasing things quickly
- Follow best practices for software development in order to facilitate necessary technical and architectural discussions and decision-making within the team and across teams
- Mentor and onboard junior engineers of the team and enable them to contribute to the development of the project by following our prescribed coding/development standards
- Collaborate with team leads to define development milestones and translate critical business requirements into actionable development plans
- You are a go-getter who is willing to go the extra mile in order to get things done, and your values closely align with eyeo’s vision of building a fair and more prosperous web
- At least 7 years of hands-on experience in developing large-scale end-to-end machine learning systems which are used by millions of users daily
- Strong background in data science, machine learning, software engineering, system design and related fields
- Proficient in modern deep learning architectures (knowledge of Graph neural networks is a plus) with practical experience in deploying such models on resource-constrained environments (i.e. the browser)
- At least 4+ years of experience in Python/Go/Rust
- At least 3 years of experience in Tensorflow, Pytorch or a related deep learning library. Added expertise in Tensorflow JS, Tensorflow Lite preferred
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines, containers and orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience with one of the following cloud providers - GCP, AWS, Azure etc.
- Experience with developing browser extensions will be preferred but not mandatory
- Web standards and cross-browser extension compatibility
- Work remotely or from one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Budget for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care allowance for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons
- Monetization: https://adblockplus.org/blog/acceptable-ads-explained-monetization
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo