Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland
UI Designer - Remote (80% - 100%)
Hi! We're amazee.io
, a ZeroOps application delivery hub for engineering teams to deploy applications more easily. Our developer-centric, open source platform makes developers’ lives and jobs easier, minimizing the stress of managing infrastructure or operations. amazee.io supports organizations across the globe to accelerate their cloud and container adoption, along with providing easily managed Kubernetes for developer teams. We run anywhere in the world, with 24/7/365 dedicated support.
We’re looking for a UI Designer to work together with a UX Designer on our ZeroOps delivery platform, Lagoon. We are growing a design and development team around Lagoon, to drive it into becoming a world leading platform for application deployments, for both technical and non technical users. You’ll be key in transforming Lagoon from a developer focused tool, to a market ready, intuitively designed platform, by implementing design and interaction changes, turning the work of the UX designer into engaging UI, before working with the Front End Developer on final implementation. We’ve got some exciting new directions to take our interfaces and integrations, and in delivering a more complete experience for all our users.
If you feel like this could be the role for you, then come and join a team of open source enthusiasts, committed to providing flexible web solutions in an open and transparent work environment, and having fun doing it.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating, improving and implementing wireframes, prototypes and style guides to create a unique but consistent experience using our tools
- Developing a design system and set of components to guide the future development of the UI
- Working closely with developers to develop the look and feel of our products, and ensure a high level of quality and usability
- Advocating and further shaping a culture of design at amazee.io to help define the interactions users at all levels have with our products and tools
- Producing branding guidelines and design specifications for other members of the team (or community) to follow
What you’ll bring:
- Experience designing technical products
- Previous track record of digital interface design for web/admin interfaces
- Experience working with design programs (Inkscape, Illustrator and Sketch) and prototyping tools (Invision, Figma etc)
- Comfort communicating design and technical topics in English, both verbal and written
- An eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal
amazee.io is dedicated to providing a work environment of trust, transparency, and inclusion for everyone. As a fully remote company we offer flexibility when it comes to working hours and location. Here’s some other things you can expect from us.
What we’ll bring:
- A fully distributed team of creative colleagues in a flat, open and transparent organization
- Flexible working hours, and time off in lieu when you work overhours
- Fully Remote working
- 5 paid days off a year for conference attendance or education related commitments
- An annual education benefit of $1,500 or equivalent to dedicate to your professional development
- An annual wellbeing benefit of $500 or equivalent to dedicate to your physical or mental health
- A monthly connectivity benefit of $100 or equivalent for you to expense internet costs as a remote worker
- Your own annual tech budget, with full initial setup provided
- Sweet, sweet Swag - Hoodies and other goodies
- amazee.io Quest! - After 3 years, you’ll get 3 weeks paid off work to undertake a profound personal goal, or undertake a bucket list type challenge
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV showcasing who you are, your experience, and anything else you think we should know!
The amazee.io Team.