Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA or US Remote (in select states), Rio de Janeiro, BR or London, UK
About the role and about You:
The Lead Data Analyst is a key role within Zwift’s multi-disciplinary Data team. The ideal person in this role will evangelize a data driven culture and deliver the solutions that make it straightforward for Watopians to use the team’s insights every day.
The role is responsible for building innovative products and measuring the impact of initiatives. It will drive the development of instrumentation, tools and processes that help us better understand why users subscribe, engage with the product, and realize value from Zwift’s offerings across the customer journey.
We are looking for a strong, analytically capable analyst who can not only identify and proactively advocate for changes that Zwift should make, but also align cross-functional partners around the delivery of those changes. This person will collaborate with senior partners in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Community Support, as well as partner with other Data functions (Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Governance) to deliver coordinated insights solutions.
Zwift is a fast-paced, high growth company where everyone has a chance to create a difference and point to the results of their work. If this sounds exciting to you, then please don’t hesitate to apply.
What you’ll do:
- Promote data and insights-based decision making throughout Zwift by collaborating with leaders and their teams across software and hardware product, engineering, community support, web, ecommerce, and marketing to tackle their highest priority and most complicated problems
- Influence and partner with senior leaders and business owners to define success metrics, establish rollout and measurement plans, and provide analysis on the performance of new initiatives and significant company objectives
- Drive progress by guiding teams to design, launch, monitor, analyze and report on A/B and multivariate tests
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering team to produce new well-governed datasets, tools and products that will enable team members and internal customers to use data with confidence
- Apply your experience, curiosity, and knowledge of industry standard methodologies to up-level data, analytics and insights capabilities at Zwift
- Prioritize the work of the team to balance delivery of proactive and practical insights with a timely turnaround on ad hoc requests that are aligned to key company initiatives
- Mentor, and coach junior analysts with a range of experience levels
What we’re looking for:
- Master's or advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Outstanding track record with 7+ years’ experience in analytics for a consumer facing, digital first business - technology, gaming, ecommerce, or subscription businesses an advantage
- An analytics 'translator' with the ability to take an ambiguous problem, establish hypotheses, identify goals and metrics, and drive a team to deliver on those goals
- An authority in storytelling with data, with the skills to influence at all levels of the organization and across multiple business units
- Deep knowledge of experimentation including crafting, implementing, and analyzing tests to support new features and the optimization of existing capabilities for product and marketing applications
- Significant involvement using web and customer journey analytics to optimize web experiences and surface opportunities
- Expertise in querying databases using SQL and good knowledge of data visualization and analysis tools such as Tableau, Periscope/Sisense, Google Analytics, and Optimizely
- Comfortable working with data engineers and QA testers to craft, instrument and test new data models
- Experience with marketing effectiveness programs and analytics
- Experience collaborating with consumer insights and UX researchers
- Passion for cycling, running, fitness and/or Zwift customer
(Colorado only) minimum salary $114,000 + Bonus + Equity + Benefits
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Transparency in Coverage:
Health plan price transparency is designed to help consumers know the cost of covered items or healthcare-related services prior to the date upon which they receive care. Transparency in Coverage (TIC) regulations require health insurers and group health plans to create machine readable files (MRFs) that contain the negotiated rates for in-network providers and allowed amounts derived from historical claims for out-of-network providers and make those files publicly available.
Here is the link to the site on which Anthem posts its in-network and out-of-network allowed amount machine-readable files (MRFs). The link will allow you to search for your files using your Employer Identification Number (81-2798595)