A bit about H&H
At H&H, our vision is focused on premium nutrition and lifetime wellness; to inspire and achieve this vision we bring together seven international brands as we strive to make people around the world healthier and happier. We have established market positions in more than 12 countries in Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America and Oceania with more than 2,800 employees working across the globe. We are excited about our future as we expand these premium, proven and aspirational brands to new markets, greeting consumers in all life stages.
What this means for you
The variety of work creates unlimited opportunities to excel across a breadth of disciplines; you will be presented with a wealth of new pathways and opportunities to explore throughout your career. Working with us will be more than just a job; we guarantee a life-changing experience as you step into an environment that moves quickly and presents new challenges daily.
Our success as an organization is directly attributed to the health and happiness of our team. As a new team member, you will be empowered to positively contribute to our high-impact culture and be supported in bringing your whole self to work.
About the role
This role leads technical product development for PNC projects in North America and provides technical coverage for the portfolio. This role is part of a Cross Functional Management Team that services China market’s needs. Involvement may begin at any step from theoretical recipe to pilot plant and full-scale manufacturing. Previous experiences in pet food and treats manufacturing processes are required. In addition, responsibilities extending into liaising with and managing contract manufacturer and partner relationships. Important R&D leadership position with opportunities to continue to grow and develop.
Duties and responsibilities
- Utilize technical knowledge and experience of pet nutrition/nutraceutical products to work with the marketing team in driving the creation of winning products and then implementation into markets.
- Technical lead for China SOLIDGOLD and ZESTYPAW projects, including recommendations of key product requirements, consideration of claims support, technical product & safety feasibility, regulatory compliance and commercial considerations.
- Literature research into current and emerging market trends for products and raw materials.
- Support manufacturing capacity via technical transfer of existing products to additional contract manufacturers.
- Assess raw material specifications and formulation information for suitability of use, regulatory compliance and the ability to support claims.
- Create product formulation briefs ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Review of technical information and dissemination of information to wider team in a meaningful format as required.
- Development of lab scale trial prototype recipes to assess feasibility.
- Preparation of technical and scientifically valid regulatory and non-regulatory documents.
- Embrace and effectively use H&H systems and processes including change control, document control protocols and relevant system platforms.
- Provide technical and scientific support for consumer, customer & quality challenges.
- Create and maintain relationships with contract manufacturers, key suppliers and project partners as required.
- Work to strict timelines to achieve successful solutions and required project outcomes in a timely manner.
- Participate in project team meetings to provide input regarding deliverables, timelines, and processes and help to drive business outcomes.
- Lead continuous improvement in ways of working, development of tools and improved efficiency within the NPD Team and broader business.
- Promote practices to ensure IP understanding & clearance.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, mandarin would be a plus.
- Organizational and documentation skills for planning and executing activities to generate and assess prototypes of pet products.
- Extensive knowledge of feed formulation calculations, manufacturing processes, materials and quality assurance protocols.
- A strong team player with excellent communication skills, with a curiosity to learn, grow and develop.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment. The ability to prioritize and work to strict timeline.
- Deliver consistent quality with a high attention to detail.
- Business acumen.
- Travel extensively throughout the United States with occasional cross regional travel.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's qualifications or above in Veterinary Medicine, Feed science, Animal nutrition, health, life and/or applied sciences.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the area of feed, pet food and pet nutraceutical manufacturing industry.
- Developed pet food for multiple markets and successful launched.
As an equal opportunity employer, H&H Group believes in the benefits of a diverse and inclusive workplace and aims to reflect the varied cultures within which we exist. We are committed to providing a working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.