At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Do you delight in visualizing exciting new worlds, bold characters, and thrilling scenes through concept art? We’re seeking an outstanding Senior Character Concept Artist for our new D&D Digital Team!
Our team is exploring new ways to bring well-loved stories, styles-of-play, and experiences from 50 years of Dungeons & Dragons to life through digital products.What You'll Do:
- Curate references, develop mood-boards, and illustrate original concepts from visual and written briefs.
- Contribute creative new ideas and be forward-thinking in your visual designs.
- Create character concepts as exemplars that develop the vision and set the standard for future concepts by other artists.
- Give feedback to character concept outsourcing efforts.
- Help the Art Director develop and organize the character art style guide
- At least 2 years as a concept artist including work in PC, console and AAA development.
- Ability to digitally iterate quickly via thumbnails/sketches/roughs, and to take concepts all the way to a rendered color final as needed.
- Ability to work with the following subject matter across a variety of genres: Characters (costuming, weaponry), Creatures, and VFX (visual treatments and animation key frames for VFX, spells or otherwise).
- Ability to receive and implement feedback, and provide written and visual feedback to external artists as needed.
- Excellent foundational art skills in areas such as anatomy, shape language, color, composition, lighting, perspective, and communicating clear emotional tone, with a stronger focus on creative problem-solving via iterative concept art over polished renderings or illustrations.
- Solid understanding of current video game Concept Art processes and pipelines.
- A diplomatic, empathetic, and collaborative approach.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.