At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you prepared with your unique skills to join our party of adventurers?
We are seeking an experienced Senior Technical Artist! As a Senior Technical Artist, you will provide support building and delivering key technologies and workflows that enable artists and designers to quickly implement visual content into our games. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for art quality and knowledge of real time requirements and constraints. They will act as a bridge between art and engineering demonstrating outstanding communication skills to facilitate problem solving between departments while adding new ideas, new techniques and working with the latest technologies to build world-class games.What You'll Do:
- Work with our team of artists, designers, and writers to Establish consistent and efficient standard methodologies.
- Consistently push content creation to maximum potential.
- Build tools and processes that facilitate content authoring with an emphasis on user experience, quality and efficiency.
- Proactively identify problems, propose solutions and seek out consensus from the team regarding implementation strategy.
- Develop strategies for lighting and shaders in modular environmental system in Unreal 5
- 3+ years of experience in the industry.
- Artistic eye with sophisticated understanding of the creation & integration of 3D art.
- Advanced Rigging experience.
- Advanced understanding of modern DCC tools.
- Shipped at least 2 AAA titles from start to finish on multiple platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
- Proficiency with Python, HLSL,GLSL. and Unreal 5
- C++ experience or Computer Science degree.
- Extensive portfolio with examples of professional work (e.g. art, scripts, tools, simulations, etc.).
- Blueprint or asset scripting abilities.
- Has trained or mentored others.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.