WPP is the transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, planet, clients, and communities.
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 100,000 accomplished people in 110 countries. We create transformative ideas and outcomes for its clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce, and technology. WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world's biggest companies and organisations – from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Google, HSBC, and the UN. Our clients include 61 of the FTSE 100, 325 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30 and 62 of the NASDAQ 100.
WPP has headquarters in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major markets worldwide. We are quoted on the London Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange. Key performance indicators for WPP (2020) include Billings of £46.9bn and Revenue of £12bn.
Why we're hiring:
WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. As a creative transformation company, WPP is helping its clients transform the future through extraordinary work. WPP IT is an integral part of that journey and we are proud to provide technology for some of the world’s most creative brands.
To support WPP’s vision, WPP IT must transform and modernize our ways of working, build out new capabilities that will be shared across the group, as well as digitize and re-imagine the experience and service wrap for our colleagues and clients.
Making that vision into a reality for the Developers and teams supporting them across WPP, is the goal of the DevOps Tools Platform team. This team will architect, manage, and provide support for the tools that enable Development Operations across WPP.
We’re looking for a Support Engineer with good administration capabilities in at least a few DevOps products with a passion to learn more with on the job training and support. You’ll work closely with our other technical, support, migration and business staff around the world to maximise the power of Uhub and deliver an amazing experience to WPP.
What you'll be doing:
- Integrate and administer the DevOps Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, GitHub, Crowd, Access, Trello)
- Be an expert go-to person for DevOps Tools and our specific configuration / implementation of them.
- Comprehensive Jira configuration including project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes etc., and document these thoroughly.
- Use built-in customization and third party add-ons for extending the functionality of Atlassian and GitHub.
- Manage permissions for DevOps Tools, including project wide and issue/space/repository access.
- Monitor the Jira ServiceDesk queue for requests and handle accordingly.
- Architect creative solutions to complex problems, validate the business requirements with stakeholders, and provide optimal solutions using the suite of tools.
- Determine ways to optimize/improve tool setup and process workflows, as well as identify where functionality can/cannot meet user requests.
- Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in Jira to provide business teams meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Provide user and group management via Crowd/AD/LDAP/Okta and associated toolsets.
- Collaborate on problem resolution, team decisions, and project planning.
- Assist in upgrade testing, planning and communications.
- Help develop and deliver training as needed.
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation.
What you'll need:
- Must have:
- 4+ years of advanced Jira /Confluence administration
- Able to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; a self-starter and independent worker
- Ability to analyse, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement
- Understanding of how to deliver business priorities with technical platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Strong documentation skills
- Nice to have:
- Experience as a developer, or as an integral part of a development team
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Experience using REST APIs
- Understanding of common application technology stacks related to web applications, digital & IT in general
- GitHub (or similar) experience
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
WPP is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
Please read our Privacy Notice for more information on how we process the information you provide.