Vonage has built its successful global Support teams on individuals with technical savviness, superior customer relationship skills, and a passion for learning. We challenge our Support Engineers to provide a customer experience that leaves our users impressed, loyal and true advocates of our company.
Why this role matters
As a Technical Video Support Engineer, you will provide first-class technical support to our rapidly growing strategic customer base, who rely on our real-time communication APIs and SDKs, with a main focus on our Tokbox platform. You will be responsible for driving and managing customer-related projects, initiatives and tasks for our strategic accounts, collaborating heavily with Sales, Engineering, and the rest of the Vonage organization.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Providing customers with lightning-fast response and resolution times, combined with great communication, so they are delighted with the Vonage service.Getting stuff done for the customer, doing whatever it takes to ensure their success.
- Capturing knowledge, for customers who prefer solving their own issues without having to contact support. Following processes, unless customers are better served by breaking our rules or improving our processes.
What you'll bring
- Investigating, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving technical issues related to IP-based network technologies
- Communicating effectively (both verbal and written) with our customers and internal stakeholders
- Problem solving, having a natural curiosity and demonstrating the ability to learn rapidly
- Capturing knowledge, for customers who prefer solving their own issues without having to contact support.
What's required for application
- 3+ years as a Support Engineer in the telecommunications or SaaS sectors.
- 2+ IP-based real-time multimedia communication technologies and protocols including VoIP, SIP, RTP, WebRTC, Websockets
- Troubleshooting SBC, PBX, IVR, HTTP & SIP Proxies
- iOS/Android/web application development
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.