Vonage Engineering Mission:
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters:
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. Our Engineers face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
The Messages team is looking for a Full Stack Developer to help us improve the customer journey, simplify onboarding and make it very easy for anyone to start using our API in less than 5 minutes.
The Messages API with channels like Whatsapp, Messenger, Viber, SMS, MMS, and soon to come Instagram, Google Business Chat, Wechat, and more, is fast growing and handling hundreds of requests/second in 6 regions, distributed in the world.
What you will do:
- Contribute to improve the Customer Experience in collaboration with the Product Manager, Dashboard and Developer Experience teams.
- Implement Micro-Frontend Architecture for the Messages Team
- Contribute to the implementation of APIs and Backend services.
- Provide suggestions for improvements on both Frontend and Backend.
- Assisting with in-life maintenance, testing, debugging and documentation of deployed services.
- Set high standards to ensure the delivery of secure, high quality, well-tested and scalable. software to meet customer and business requirements.
- Collaborate with product management, UX/usability/front-end specialists, QA testers, and our internal users to deliver a world-class User Experience across multiple platforms.
What you will bring:
- Experience with Backend development: Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot.
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with JUnit unit tests.
- HTML and CSS3.
- Cloud experience (ideally AWS).
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly.
- Understanding of monitoring, systems provisioning, networking.
- Experience with reactive programming (Reactor, RxJava) is a plus.
- Entrepreneur Mindset