Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse Type 2 Diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases, without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science, and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
At Virta Health, the Sales Development Representative is responsible for helping open doors to new opportunities for our commercial team. This comes from cold calls, email outreach, researching & identifying key accounts, and a lot of persistence and creativity to secure appointments. These meetings are scheduled by the SDR for their outside sales executive who will be presenting Virta to the prospect. Our typical target accounts for Virta are health insurance companies having at least 100,000 members and health systems with at least 15,000 employees or more.
This role is extremely exciting as your work directly leads to new commercial clients, and that will result in real people reversing their diabetes. We have an incredible product that works and an exceptional financial model which is very unique and enticing for our prospective clients.
This role is open to remote applicants, so please apply regardless of your location.
- Identify key accounts and strategize with your Director of Sales to open new opportunities
- Cold call into key accounts (Manager level and above)- typically these are contacts in benefits, total rewards, HR, or population health (enterprise SDR)
- Cold call into key accounts (Manager level and above) on health plans- typically medical, clinical, Rx, product, or population health titles (health plans SDR)
- Design and implement email campaigns to generate interest and secure appointments
- Master the Virta Health value proposition and communicate it effectively
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- On-boarding by learning Virta messaging, value proposition, financial model
- Become certified to reach out to real prospects by working with your manager and other SDRs to showcase your knowledge of Virta’s treatment and how we work with clients
- Learn how to overcome common objections and demonstrate your ability to do so
- Develop strategy with your Director of Sales and begin outreach to the market in your territory
- Become proficient in the various sales enablement tools we provide
- Achieve your personal sales targets (which involves creating new, qualified opportunities for your Sales Director
- Desire to learn and effective communication skills
- Sales experience or experience working with health plans
- Comfort working in a small, collaborative team environment
- Competitive spirit
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
- For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $52,635 - $60,500 base; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.