Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
As a full stack health care company of physicians, engineers, marketers and more under one roof, Virta collects comprehensive data on our patients’ experience, and leverages this data to build the next generation of health care for chronic diseases. Here at Virta, we rely heavily on Data and Analytics to optimize our product and workflow to improve our company’s KPIs as well as to demonstrate the value of the Virta Treatment to our customers. We collect and organize disparate forms of patient data from both internal and external sources to generate insightful analyses. We are looking for a senior data analyst/scientist with considerable experience working with healthcare data to help us collect, organize, and analyze this data, to generate insights and reports that we can use to further improve Virta’s performance.
- Execute I&A strategic plan to maximize Virta’s ability to leverage data to identify actionable insights to improve company performance
- Generate reports (some in Looker) on KPIs, optimize and automate where possible
- Participate proactively, in Squad level projects, including product, workflow redesign experimentation, advising ways to optimize the design through thoughtfully designed analyses
- Operate in an agile fashion, prioritize allocation of limited resources to projects with the highest importance
- Build pipelines that translate claims, clinical, and engagement data from our warehouse to inform experimentation and other analytic needs
- Proactive identify and pragmatically solve challenges, including imperfections in data.
- Lead cross-functional analytics meetings to keep stakeholders apprised of relevant KPIs and experiment outcomes
- Support other I&A functions as the need arises
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Become familiar with I&A’s tools, the Virta product/workflow and how things work at Virta
- Partner with product teams to design, implement, and analyze product experiments; inform product roadmap by estimating KPI impact of future product initiatives
- Provide analytics support for the Squad, including reporting, Looker dashboard and experimentation design
- Provide analytics support to our various business units to answer questions about our business, patients, outcomes, etc.
- Teach and inspire your team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, and/or giving feedback during code reviews
- 10+ years in a Healthcare Analytics, BI, Data Science or similar role
- 7+ years working with healthcare administrative data experience (claims, clinical outcomes, population health, etc.)
- Have a bias for action with a natural orientation toward agile analyses
- Able to influence senior decision makers. Some experience managing staff
- Led projects from start to finish, working with multiple stakeholders, of diverse levels of analytic capabilities.
- Comfortable working with imperfect data and dynamic environments with ambiguities and shifting priorities
- Proficient in SQL and relational databases. Familiarity with data capture, ETL, validation, and test methods to standardize and automate analyses.
- Familiarity with EHR, working knowledge of FHIR data structures
- Experience using varied statistical methods using Python, R or similar
- Some experience building BI dashboards, using tools like Looker, Tableau, Power BI
- Ability to partner with the Data Infrastructure teams to inform infrastructure roadmap to best support your work
- Experience working with cross-functional business partners to understand analytics or reporting needs
- Advanced degree (M.PH/M.S./PhD) in Data Science, Stats, Actuarial science or similar
- Expertise with EHR, working knowledge of FHIR data structures
- Experience working at a technology company, bonus points for working at a “full-stack” company or marketplace where there is a complex relationship between different types of users
- Proficient in Looker, Airflow, Jupyter, Pandas
- Proficient in building BI dashboards
- Experience calculating cost savings or economic impact of a value based program
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $177,724 - $204,281; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.