Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra Platform captures packets and logs across network, public cloud, SaaS, and identity by applying patented security-led AI to surface and prioritize threats for rapid threat response. Vectra's threat detections are powered by a deep understanding of attacker methods and problem-optimized AI algorithms. Alerts uncover attacker methods in action and are correlated across customer environments to expose real attacks. Organizations around the world rely on Vectra to see and stop threats before a breach occurs. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
Why Vectra AI?
Vectra AI is the leading innovator in real-time detection of in-progress cyber attacks. The Vectra Cognito platform continuously monitors customer environments to automatically detect any phase of an on-going cyber attack. Vectra AI won the Best of Black Hat Award for “Most Innovative Emerging Company” and the SC Award “Best Customer Service”.
Our culture is centered around three core values – customer first, no drama teamwork and acting with integrity. At Vectra, we love to solve hard problems and embrace people who relish that. We also love people who are passionate, irreverent and focus on delivering results.
You are expected to be different from the norm, to excel in your field and be willing to share your experiences and creativity with the global organization. You are expected to challenge the status quo.
If you care about building great customer experiences, like to stretch, do not take no for an answer and are great to work with, this is your home.
Joining the organization at this time will allow you to develop the dynamics which will shape the global support organization. Joining now offers future career opportunities in a fast moving environment.
This is a remote-based position in Australia. We are also open to other locations in Europe where Vectra has an existing presence as well as US remote. This role requires EU citizenship with required working hours of 00:00 to 8:00 AM GMT.
This is a Technical Customer Support Engineer role. We're looking for someone with 2-3 years of technical support experience. As part of the Support team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the customer experience remains positive throughout the lifecycle of their support interactions.
You are likely to already be an expert in your field, the individual your colleagues come to for assistance and the individual that customers ask for when they're in difficult situations.
Successful applicants should expect to enjoy their new position at their local Vectra office, with flexibility to work from home when mutually agreed with your manager.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working on a customer-facing support queue
- Deep diagnosis of customer issues, including lab reproduction and source-code analysis
- Quantifying customer impact and prioritizing solutions both within and external to the Support team
- Engaging with both customers and the Sales organization through email, telephone and remote management sessions (e.g. WebEx, Zoom, GotoMeeting)
- Engaging with Engineering teams to provide prompt and high-quality workarounds and solutions
- Identifying, qualifying and documenting product, hardware, software and process improvements
- Developing Support processes, tools and documentation to further grow the Support organization
- Developing customer-facing content (e.g. knowledge-base, how-to guides)
- Rotational on-call/out-of-hours support
- Collaborate with your colleagues on investigations and escalations
- Being the embodiment of a team player; cross functional collaboration and communication is vital
- Strong experience supporting a global customer base
- EU Citizenship
- At least 2 years working in a technical support and/or escalation engineer role
- Experience in diagnosis and resolution of complex customer issues
- Experience troubleshooting in Linux-based systems, their management, operation and application stacks
- Understanding of current security technologies and risks
- Understanding of TCP/IP network protocols including packet capture analysis
- Basic understanding of SQL and non-SQL databases
- Able to work as part of a geographically dispersed global Support team
- Initiative to proactively identify new issues and drive their resolution
- Some exposure to virtual and cloud environments
- Support of cloud/SaaS Applications
- English speaking required - Bilingual proficiency or Full professional proficiency
- Scripting/programming, especially in Python and the bash shell
- Design and understanding of enterprise and data-center networks
- Proactively identify problem areas and be responsible for driving their resolution
- Good understanding of SQL and non-SQL databases
- Good understanding of virtual environments
- Good understanding of cloud environments
- Experience in security appliances and security software
- Experience in data interchange between dissimilar systems
- Basic knowledge of: APIs, SAML and TLS