VALR Company Information
VALR has built the largest cryptocurrency platform headquartered in Africa, serving over 300,000 customers. We are proud to offer a suite of products that are helping increase economic freedom and build a financial system that recognizes the oneness of humankind.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at VALR, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture where we:
- Default to a high degree of autonomy and ownership combined with positive energy and truth-seeking
- Embrace feedback
- Disrupt ourselves
- Expect sustained high performance
Second, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone, which we’re working to achieve with our suite of products that serve South Africans and eventually customers globally.
With the above in mind and our goals of disrupting the financial system and serving humanity, we require unique, dedicated and incredibly talented people to join the VALR family.
Client Service Agent
- We're looking for applicants to join our Client Service Team, which provides first-class support to our users;
- We’re looking for crypto fanatics who have the capacity to get stuff done because they love helping people;
- We’re a startup operating in a fast-paced environment. Everyone here works exceptionally hard. You must be willing to work some evenings and weekends where necessary.
What would you be doing?
- Support our clients across all touch points with VALR and across all the products we offer;
- Develop and maintain procedural documentation and training materials to help record our processes and scale the team;
- Strive to make your work as efficient as possible by creating or improving processes and automating as much of your work as possible.
What we look for in you?
- Strong ownership mentality. Everyone at VALR has to be action-oriented and an independent thinker;
- Strong written English communication skills (other languages are helpful);
- Formal educational background is less important than a keen interest in crypto and a hunger to learn as much as possible about this industry;
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and research skills;
- Strong time management and multitasking skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Loves helping people.
- A natural inclination to help people and the ability to explain technical details simply
Nice to haves
- Fluency in a second South African language;
- Passion for cryptocurrencies and alternative financial systems
- Experience working remotely in an early stage startup environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to operate independently in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Strong sense of ownership
- Driven by a passion to learn constantly
- Critical thinker not afraid to make quick decisions and follow through
- Ability to move quickly and adapt to a changing environment
What you can expect from VALR?
- Competitive salary: Get paid well to work in an exciting industry
- Leave: Flexible leave policy with 3 weeks minimum
- Remote work: Work from wherever you like - Employees to ensure that there is secure, stable internet connectivity in order to effectively work remotely
- Home office setup: Mac laptop and a discretionary allowance to buy all the extras needed to work happily from home - all of it yours to keep after 3 years
- Learning fund: R10,000 per employee per year for anything that helps you upskill for work, in addition to scheduled VALR training
- Performance bonus: When you contribute to VALR’s success, you’ll be rewarded with discretionary bonuses
- 3 months maternity and 1-month paternity paid leave
- Regular get-togethers outside of work (COVID permitting)
- Annual company retreats (COVID permitting)