Salary $50,000 - $70,000 a year job type full-time
Driver`s license (preferred)
Full job description
Ushio america – remote office, northeast location - is actively looking to hire a knowledgeable, energetic, self-motivated full-time employee to join regional sales team to work remotely as an outside sales associateUshio is expanding its sales team to provide additional focus on the quickly growing infection prevention, scientific/medical, and life sciences markets in order to increase ushio’s market share and revenue in the north american territories across multiple product linesThe candidate will be part of a dedicated sales team focusing on sales of emerging specialty lighting technologies, and existing legacy products in various marketsCandidates will have opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
The sales associates role is to manage sales and customer relations to increase ushio america market share and revenue across multiple product linesTo meet revenue and profit margin goals by maintaining working relationships with current customers, qualifying new prospects, and promoting sales through established distribution channels; to evaluate market trends and report competitive situations; to maintain pricing contracts, order continuity, and respond to customer inquiries and technical requestsThe sales associate will report directly to the director of regional sales with a dotted line to the product managers for uv and sci/med products
· the sales associate is directly measured on the growth of the sales through our established oem customers and distribution channels.
· the sales associate is expected to be knowledgeable in the target markets, products and applications and add value and resources to the sales processes resulting in gains in market share.
· the sales associate will provide regular written/verbal internal communications and monthly reports regarding account and sales activities, and support needs in the region, necessary to meet sales objectives.
· the sales associate is expected to understand the competitive market position of ushio america in the target markets and contribute to ensuring the most advantageous sales and marketing strategy including pricing, and sales incentives.
· the sales associate contributes to market share research and uses this information to determine the best strategic focus for customers and markets.
· the sales associate interacts with customer service to ensure proper order entry, delivery, and order follow-up.
· the sales associate interacts with applications engineering to solve technical issues and provide support to oems in product development.
· the sales associate interfaces with key product and management personnel from our us headquarters as well as our regional and international lamp factories.
Education & experience
· ba or bs required, technical curriculum, engineering, or focus on biology/life sciences preferred.
· 3-5 years sales and marketing experience; preferably in lighting or life sciences.
· working knowledge of existing and emerging light systems (ultraviolet, infrared, fluorescent, hid, and led) and their use in life science and industrial applicationsHowever, training of applicable product lines and technologies will be provided.
· applicant must be highly motivated, organized, and able to work remotely (northeast location preferred).
· applicant must be knowledgeable of various lighting sources from uv to ir, with ability to learn new product applications quickly.
· applicant must have the skills to manage multiple oem projects from initial concept through product development and production.
· applicant must be able to analyze current life science market trends, how they relate to lighting technologies, and analyze market structure between oems, distributors and end-users.
· applicant must be highly proficient in written and oral communication and interact respectfully and professionally with customers, co-workers and management.
· experience managing sales territory of 35+ customers and be proficient in planning travel itineraries.
· works well in a group
· basic to intermediate level skills in word, excel, powerpoint, and crm software (i.eSalesforce)
· be flexible; open to and able to manage change.
· ability to travel 50%+, sometimes on short notice (occasionally less than one week)
Competitive 401k employer matching
Amazing leadership team
Job type: full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
Monday to friday
Driver`s license (preferred)
Work location: remote
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Employer reviewed job 8 days ago
Posted 30+ days ago