Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.Work/Project Scope:
- Work closely with Marketing business partners to deeply understand their highest impact analytical needs and help to frame them as cross-functional company initiatives. Define roadmap, cross team results and program success metrics and drive execution of initiative roadmap across teams.
- Work closely with data platform architect to understand current platform capabilities, identify gaps (such as real-timeness), conduct buy/build analysis and make joint proposals for Data and Marketing team to make decisions.
- Work closely with data architect and engineering lead to come up with an extensible and analytic-friendly overall data model of Marketing data mart and marketing attribution.
- Create requirement documentation, Epics and User Stories for use by data and product engineering teams to build new features on Upwork’s data platform. Ensure viability of requirements through upfront data analysis and understanding of business models and processes.
- Drive on-going prioritization of projects and features, trade-off discussions and communication of timelines and status to all partners.
- Support the day-to-day operations by triaging issues, validating data, support business questions and communications. Create end user documentation for your data domains.
- Work with Upwork’s product and data engineering teams to ensure source systems and reporting data layer meets analytics needs. Drive standards in data capture with multiple engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience in a variety of Technical Data Product Management roles leading highly cross functional data initiatives in Marketing domain. Prefer combination of technical and business roles, especially in two-sided marketplace business models.
- Deep knowledge and experience in all the major marketing channel/partner’s data and various attribution methods. Track record of making proposal, getting executive buy-in and implementing in real world scenarios.
- Track record of translating requirements of large data initiatives into smaller, actionable pieces that can be delivered in increments across technical and business tracks/resources.
- Demonstrated business results as result of data capabilities you have delivered.
- Rich knowledge of event collection and data processing technologies, such as Snowplow, real-time data pipeline and reporting, and AWS-based big data technologies. Experienced SQL writer.
- Attention to detail combined with drive. You take ownership of projects and take pride in seeing them through to full completion.
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice