Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This is a Contract position through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.Work/Project Scope:
- Write usable, useful, and responsible copy that helps people quickly understand Upwork and moves them forward
- Communicate your work persuasively, helping a variety of audiences understand and believe in your decisions
- Own a sprint-based backlog of work for your domain, proactively managing your workload and tracking tasks across multiple teams
- Partner closely with your team, which includes design, product management, and engineering
- Present your work for critique to other content designers, executives, and your teammates
- Advocate for Upwork's content design practice by establishing new workflows and coaching co-workers
- Turn complex, ambiguous inputs into clear writing that aligns with our product language principles
- Lead workshops and co-creation sessions to build shared understanding
- Translate UX research into language that anticipates needs and makes the experience easier to understand
- Receive feedback with grace and humility, using it to improve your work and soft skills
- A portfolio is required. While we're not picky about the format, we want to see your thought process, how you solved problems, and the impact you made.
- 4+ years of proven experience as a product-focused content designer, UX writer, or content strategist
- The ability to advocate for content design and help others understand its value. Cold facts aren't always enough. At times, you'll need to bring the warmth of a proficient storyteller to get everyone on the same page
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.