Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.
- Upwork is looking for an experienced Lead Backend Engineer to work on our monetization services platform. Must be very familiar with Java, REST, and SCA design principles. Must be able to collaborate on design, and participate in code reviews.
- The scope of these projects is long term and successful candidates will be engaged every week, full time, 40 hours/week working on exciting new projects.
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Must be very familiar with Java, REST, and SCA design principles. Must be able to collaborate on design, and participate in code reviews.
- Experience with Netflix OSS components (e.g. EvCache, Hystrix), Guice, Git, Dropwizard, and Jetty is a plus.
- Work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Communicate frequently and effectively in English.
- Deliver robust and high-quality code with unit tests.
- Able to work for 40 hours per week during US business hours.
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.