Excel is great, but at some point it doesn't scale. Implementing great internal software and tools can be a game changer, especially when it has to work in collaboration with the largest freelancing platform with over three million jobs posted annually.
We are Upwork. The World's Work Marketplace. Upwork connects businesses with independent professionals and agencies around the globe. Our mission is to create economic opportunities, so people have better lives. We change the world by changing people’s lives.
Upwork has an immediate opening in the Financial System’s team. In this Senior Product Portfolio Manager role, you will provide overall leadership, strategic direction, management of systems that support our G&A and revenue recognition functions with an emphasis on Oracle ERP Financial modules. Long term this role will help us on our journey to a cloud ERP. This role will report to the Director of Product Management – Finance Systems.
About the Financial Systems Team
We are on a mission to support our business users within the CAO organization that are responsible for G&A functions and revenue recognition. We are passionate about solving accounting requirements and building solutions to improve our internal users’ experience.
We are looking for a candidate to join our growing internal Finance Systems team with strong accounting acumen and a passion for delivering products, systems or process improvements to stakeholders and internal customers.
You must have extensive functional experience centered around Oracle ERP as well as interactions with multiple other finance applications. You will have a strong background in accounting and be able to partner with our Finance and Business Systems teams to identify, scope, and implement solutions to synthesize our ERP software application with our growing business needs.
Your ability to interface with and understand the needs of our business teams and translate those needs into product requirements for our business systems team will be critical to the success of the projects you are involved in. You must be able to communicate to all stakeholders within our CFO organization from business users to our CFO leadership team
- Define and deliver functional requirements for Finance Systems primarily Oracle ERP but also other Finance System areas ensuring they are aligned with our business and technology needs.
- Understanding of process design and implementation in Oracle ERP (Quote to Cash, Order To Cash, Procure To Pay, Record to Report).
- Define and document end to end system flow and integration requirements (e.g. API’s, data flow)
- Help create and maintain user guides for each functional area and deliver training to cross functional teams.
- Help manage small to large scale projects for a portfolio of programs (tax, billing/payments, accounting, etc.) within the Finance Systems team.
- Design reports and dashboards to address business needs and streamline month-end close procedures.
- Action orientation - demonstrate bias towards action and show a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get hands on when needed.
- Communicate your long term vision of your assigned systems by documenting, analyzing, and prioritizing business requirements from business needs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to plan, prioritize, and schedule development of feature rollout and enhancement requests.
- Engage with business users to ensure you are delivering effective and efficient solutions that support business goals and processes.
- Leadership - Lead all phases of the software lifecycle from requirements gathering to hypercare, ensuring the accomplishment of desired scope, timeline, quality, and budget.
- Produce and present key materials without direct supervision, such as BRD documents, use cases, Functional designs and process diagrams.
- Manage the communications and status updates around each of the roadmap projects and articulate a “situation view” of the help desk tickets by track.
- Help manage flow of support tickets for various products related to the Finance Systems application portfolio. Where required, troubleshoot issues, and stay engaged with our end users.
- Ensure effective and efficient meetings such as stand-ups, project kickoff, release planning, UAT, training, delivery and retrospectives.
- Partner with the Business Systems team to maintain segregation of duties ,user permissions and role access though regular SOX and security audits.
- Solid understanding of SOX audit processes.
- Demonstrated experience working as an Oracle Applications Functional Consultant, System Analyst/Manager with demonstrated product management and project management experience.
- Expertise in Oracle ERP (On-Premise) GL, SLA, AGIS, PO, AP, FA, CM, AR and TCA modules to resolve issues and build new features.
- Strong background/knowledge and understanding of accounting principles within an upstream eCommerce – downstream ERP environment.
- Deep knowledge of finance/accounting processes including month-end close and revenue recognition.
- Expert level knowledge of Oracle ERP Application functionality and associated systems. Provide Oracle R12 configurations and documentation in multiple environments.
- A technical background, with knowledge of end to end system flows and integrations
- Provide leadership and expertise to troubleshoot and review and recommend improvements based upon “best practices” and R12 functionality for the financial functional areas such as Procure to Pay (P2P), Order to Cash (O2C), Record to Report (R2R).
- Demonstrates leadership, accountability, and ownership. You take full ownership of your assigned systems and products and hold yourself accountable for their adoption.
- Seriously empathic. Strong internal customer empathy - passionate about our internal customers and solving their problems and discovering unmet needs.
- Excellent written, oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the proven ability to influence, facilitate and communicate effectively.
- You are a team player that is not afraid to share information.
- Develops a well thought out product roadmap that is both strategic and tactical and executes on the roadmap accordingly.
- Prioritizes work to meet with the commitments and organizational goals.
- You love metrics and are data driven. For your applications - tracks product data, creates metrics and defines success criteria for existing, new features and enhancements. Monitors product performance and feature uptakes.
- Experience turning ambiguity into requirements and leading solutions from ideation to closure.
- Ability to drive projects related to products outside of your comfort zone but related to Financial applications.
- Familiarity with the Oracle ERP data model and SQL skills for troubleshooting
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $145,000 - $185,000.. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program.Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. And oh yeah, we've also got amazing benefits - including medical insurance for you and your family, unlimited PTO, 401(k) with matching, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and a generous Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about our benefits and the employee experience.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice