Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
We are looking for a strong Senior HR Business Partner to build a culture of engagement and drive business results by delivering measurable and sustained value-added solutions. As a consultative and trusted advisor to all levels of our management team, you will be the first point of contact on numerous day-to-day HR matters. Are you a champion of driving diversity, inclusiveness and belonging in the workplace? Do you have a passion for the people side of business and love helping people reach their potential? If you said yes to any of these, you can make a meaningful contribution in this role
- Coach and provide guidance on employee relations for a wide range of issues. May include conducting investigations in response to issues and recommend/implement course of action based on investigation results.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the business strategy, goals and objectives and support organizational changes by developing and implementing appropriate change management plans.
- Own the performance management process for your client teams to ensure employees and managers are trained on the performance management processes and work with management to facilitate goal setting and development plans.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed.
- Be an impartial steward for the organization advocating for employees and the business, and modeling company values.
- Design and deliver targeted solutions, including strategic planning, visioning, change management and team building.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Strong communication and influencing skills; effective listener, ability to connect and influence actions and outcomes with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Track record of strong business partnership within a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- HR subject matter expert: you have in-depth knowledge of hr laws, strategies, policies, and practices
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, org planning, performance management, business advising, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture carrier, employee engagement, coaching and development, conflict resolution, recruiting, data analysis, and employee relations
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to a company’s evolving stages and needs
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.