Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
The Growth Marketing team at Upwork owns the acquisition of new talent and customers as well as the engagement of existing talent and customers.
We are looking for a performance driven Senior Director, Marketing Automation & Technology to own marketing automation and technology strategy, functional execution, customer journey mapping, and the technology that supports these efforts. Your mighty team will delight and engage both clients and our talent at every touch point leading to increased engagement and business results. This position reports to our VP, Growth Marketing.Your Responsibilities:
- Build and advance the maturity of our marketing automation capabilities
- Build maintain and leverage a best in class marketing technology stack
- Set the strategy and priorities for Upwork’s CRM and lifecycle programs and operationalize with your team to bring these programs to life
- Leverage data and technology for programmatic personalization at scale, using tools like machine learning, AI and behavioral data to improve customer relevancy
- Evaluate and optimize programs based on ROI and performance analytics
- Collaborate and lead cross-functionally with Product, Product Marketing, Content Marketing, Sales, and other Marketing stakeholders to drive projects forward
- Lead a team through transformation
- Track record of building best in class multi-channel lifecycle marketing programs to support acquisition and retention throughout the customer lifecycle. B2B expertise ideal.
- A leader with proven experience inspiring and developing high performing teams
- Adept at using data and testing to drive tangible business outcomes
- Clear view of what best-in-class system and infrastructure looks like. Expertise with deep functional knowledge of Braze, Marketo, Tealium and highly desired.
- Experience in organizations that operate both self-serve and sales driven customer experiences
- A strong communicator who can demonstrate influence at multiple levels of organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving business environment
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice