Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Upwork's Security Engineering and Operations team owns the architecture, implementation, and operationalization of Identity and Access Management (IAM), Privileged Access Management (PAM), Zero trust models, and implementing compliance guidelines & standards (SOC 2, PCI, ISO, SOX and CIS) to securely operate in the Cloud for internal tools and services.
To support our continued growth, we seek an innovative and accomplished technology leader to build and maintain a dynamic team that architects and provides technical solutions to our internal teams.
You will work closely with multiple engineering teams and cross-functional stakeholders as a trusted partner. You will manage high-impact projects to implement and standardize secure code, deployment and configuration practices, and other solutions to move the business forward.
You will help develop good communication with our partners while mentoring team members technically and supporting team priorities. We are looking for an outstanding candidate to join and lead our team.Your responsibilities:
- Develop risk-based mitigation strategies for infrastructure, platform, operating systems, and applications
- Lead the Engineering Teams on relevant security practices as needed (specific to findings)
- Lead the team to create and maintain vulnerability management policies, procedures, and training
- Assist with application security vulnerabilities identification and remediation efforts
- Design and implement automation wherever possible in Enterprise Cloud Services, such as testing/certification to delivery to manage/run.
- Strong experience creating automation using APIs from AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- You will develop, lead, and hire a team of DevSecOps engineers to support production solutions and help address business priorities.
- You will be the primary liaison/service provider for the Information Security and the Cloud Engineering teams that establish the necessary automation frameworks and engineering standards to ensure consistent quality and execution.
- Within three months, you will lead projects for the team and enable the execution and automation of the Vulnerability Management Program!
- Within one year, you will build roadmaps on accomplishing modernization efforts via cloud automation initiatives!
- You are a domain expert on Kubernetes/Istio and CI/CD Pipelines using tools such as GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker registry, etc.
- You have in-depth project management skills and have a good understanding of current legislation and compliance regulations.
- You are diligent, like learning new technologies, and believe in creating and updating runbooks.
- You enjoy innovating by developing new methods and techniques to solve problems while optimizing underlying processes
- You enjoy working in an agile environment and have implemented DevOps principles within your team.
- You have proven experience in leading and running a DevOps/DevSecops team.
- Experience with policy-as-code using Hashicorp Sentinel, Styra, OPA, etc
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice