When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.Job Description
Turnitin is seeking an Account Executive to join our NOA K12 Sales Team. We are searching for people who demonstrate a passion for education and technology, are collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit, and who can contribute to our continuing success and growth. In return, Turnitin oﬀers a great beneﬁts package and provides challenging and inspiring work.The Account Executive leads our new business efforts across a defined geographical territory, working to maximize opportunities for growth against a strategic growth plan, manages all client/customer interactions (teachers through district level administration), product demonstrations, meetings, etc. to build pipeline and close out the sale.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Forecasts, owns, and achieves annual sales targets within territory.
- Generate and close qualified leads to expand business throughout assigned territory.
- Developing daily plans which utilize sales best practices to optimize sales calls and time.
- Builds a pipeline of new business through inbound, warm leads and outbound prospecting via a multi-touch strategy, using various media to drive and attract potential new business and successfully qualify opportunities through effective and personalized discovery.
- Leaning into the needs of the client and understanding their pain points and levers in order to craft the best solution to their needs.
- Targets, builds and maintains lasting relationships with potential new clients.
- Navigating educational institutions to sell the right products to the appropriate stakeholders, quickly identifying the decision makers.
- Works on tenders and RFPs, collaborating with colleagues to ensure the best possible presentation of our business.
- Work closely with the immediate team and internal stakeholders including marketing, client success, T&I, Sales Engineers and Product Solution Specialists to ensure a first-class client experience (speedy responses, complete responses, accurate, well presented data and carefully worded professional communications).
- Carry out Pitches and Product Demonstrations which have been tailored to meet your customer's pain points and needs.
- Effectively communicate our unique value proposition through social channels, onsite/online pitch/demos and industry events.
- Manage essential data tracking activity and progress in Salesforce CRM and any other systems required, covering prospecting, forecasting, quoting, administration, and account metrics.
- Provide accurate forecasts and sales activity data by documenting sales activity within company CRM.
- Keep up-to-date with and leverage developments in the territory such as growth opportunities, market trends, channel partnerships, and State/Government policy changes.
- Carry out strategic research to maintain pipeline and drive your sales activities.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Participate in network building opportunities within territory including, but not limited to, conferences, trade shows, on-site campus visits, group presentations, and industry functions.
- Identify and report trends to Product Owners and Executive team to develop our products and roadmap.
- Carefully develop itineraries and effectively utilize personnel and other resources to achieve sales objectives - making effective use of time, especially when on the road and in person.
- Communicate and collaborate eﬀectively across all internal teams.
- Ensure that accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts are provided to the manager.
- Demonstrate proper use and knowledge of Turnitin speciﬁc systems (Salesforce, Highspot, Zoom, etc).
- Develop professional growth by reviewing trade publications, establishing and leveraging personal networks and participating in professional organizations and events.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve understanding of educational trends and legislation in territory.
- BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Results driven self-starter
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated sales and objection handling skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent phone presence
- Proven ability to work eﬀectively with a team
- Understanding of the secondary educational system
- Familiarity with use of Apple computers, G-Suite business applications, and Salesforce
is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.