TubeScience is looking for a talented Head of Engineering to join our thriving team in Downtown LA! This role is remote flexible based in LA or anywhere in the US.
Quick ‘about us’:
We’re a data-driven video startup based in LA that’s grown to become the largest producer of video ads on paid social in the 4 years since founding. Collectively, our videos account for ~5% of all paid video views on Facebook and Instagram in North America and reach 100-200 million people per day.
Our clients are among the largest advertisers on FB and Instagram, across a wide range of verticals (incl. fashion, beauty, food, fitness apps, healthcare apps, financial services), giving us unique visibility into what drives success at scale. We focus on profitable growth with clients and grow their investment by 80% on average.
What's atypical about the TubeScience:
- We're fast and data-driven: our teams develop concepts in the morning, shoot/edit in the afternoon, launch in the evening, and iterate the next day based on real-world performance.
- We’re a behavioral R&D lab at the core: We put 2,000+ video experiments per week, watched by tens of millions of people per day, that give us deep insights into how people make decisions. Over the past couple years, we’ve built an enormous library of IP around human behavior and visual communication.
- We work on a pure pay for performance basis. Zero production fees for video. Clients only pay us if our videos outperform anything they’re running internally.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with product team and with company leadership to design and develop our next generation data and creative analysis products
- Experiment with MVPs to determine product direction & pivot quickly based on results
- Develop engineering standards, processes, workflows and schedules to support multiple early stage, high impact business initiatives
- Build and manage a fast-moving, multidisciplinary portfolio of engineering resources (including remote teams) capable of rapid iteration & delivery of technical solutions
- Work with HR/Recruiting to identify, attract and onboard exceptional engineering talent
- Develop and mentor team to help maximize opportunities for professional development
- Set a high bar for excellence through personal example
- Own architectural decisions and conduct code reviews
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks, enabling engineering team to make a larger business impact, sooner
- Ensure technology choices are made after thoughtful analysis of options and tradeoffs
- Ship new applications and enhance the current data and application infrastructure
- 8+ years working as an engineer, and 4+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience at startup companies in a management role
- Extensive experience in hiring and developing talent
- Experience building and managing remote teams effectively is a must
- Highly collaborative leader, with a desire to stay close to the code
- Humble and curious enough to write your own code, and conduct your own experiments
- Committed to experimentation in identifying the objective truth
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate directly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Degree in math, computer science, systems engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience with modern stack: React/ Typescript, GraphQL, Python, AWS, Elasticsearch
- Experience in development of distributed and scalable systems
- Deep understanding of modern big data infrastructure & cloud technologies
- Past experience working with ad data from Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Experience working with video is a plus
- Experience with ML-based approaches to problems in video, audio, language processing and data science is a strong plus
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible PTO
- 401k + Matching
- Personal Coaching
- Remote Flexibility
- Creative Working Environment
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Company Paid Dinner & Lyft during late shifts
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Sick Leave
- Annual Learning and Development Allotment
- Doctor House Call On-Demand
Interested candidates should apply directly for consideration. Upon submitting your application, our hiring team will review your credentials and will notify you if you are selected to participate in the interview process. We appreciate your interest in TubeScience and kindly ask that you refrain from inquiries to our teams via LinkedIn. All questions regarding the status of your application can be directed to email@example.com
No third party or agency submissions will be accepted.
TubeScience is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .