Are you an experienced front end web developer who is passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? Then this may be the position for you!
We believe learning a new skill, like coding, should be exciting and engaging — and that starts with the instructor. You'll notice that prior teaching experience isn't a prerequisite to being an Instructor. If you bring knowledge, strong communication, and a positive energy to the classroom, you're going to help students along their transformative path to a successful and rewarding career. We'll provide the training, lesson plans, and tools to support you on your journey of impacting lives in the classroom.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in Web Development & Working with databases, server-side languages and libraries like MongoDB, MySQL, Node, Express and ORMs is highly desired
- Strong background or work experience in computer programming or web development field
- Bachelor's Degree is highly preferred, but not required
- Experience with version control (Git, Github) and deployment servers such as Nestify
- Friendly, approachable personality and foster engagement among students.
- Excellent presentation and both written and oral communication skills
What You Will Do:
- Lead online lectures following a detailed lesson plan that includes an active discussion environment and project-based learning.
- Bring the learning experience to life by building community and enhancing relevance by drawing on your own industry experience.
- Translate complex subject matter in a clear and concise manner for a diverse range of learners or skill levels.
- Provide support and encouragement to students as they go through a life-changing experience.
- Create an engaging, positive, and inclusive learning environment for our students.
- Increase participant engagement using diﬀerent facilitation tactics.
- Guide large and small groups of learners in an empathetic manner.
- Amplify student satisfaction by creating a positive classroom culture, communicating timely with students and leveraging effective interventions and sharing of resources
- 16-week program (this is a part-time commitment)
- Tues/Wed/Thurs 9 AM-12 PM EST with office hours Fridays 9 AM-11 AM (EST) OR
- Tues/Wed/Thurs 1 PM-4 PM EST with office hours Fridays 1 PM-3 PM (EST)
Classes are taught online:
- Must have a laptop, camera, at least one additional monitor, microphone / headset, and reliable internet access.
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing preferred.
- Maintain your current career while teaching
- 20% Discount on 2U Short Courses
- Hone your own skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Expand your network by joining the thousands of industry professionals who make up our Instructional Staff
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the tech community
Hourly salary only: In Colorado, the anticipated hourly salary for this role is $40.03 - $43.11/hr. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
*You must apply in your FULL LEGAL NAME*
Your full legal name must be the EXACT name and spelling as listed on your government issued ID Card, birth certificate, name change order, adoption decree, naturalization or immigration documentation. Initials are not acceptable unless initials are part of your full legal name.