A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
We're a tight-knit team of content designers, product designers, and researchers working closely with engineers and product managers to research, explore, and iterate on well-crafted user experiences that are innovative, engaging, and delightful. We collaborate regularly through design reviews, work sessions, and presentations to inspire and influence the direction of the product and company as a whole.About the Role
As a senior content designer, you’re a seasoned UX writer who has the analytical and problem-solving skills to work through complex UI experiences on both mobile and web. You excel at crafting clear, consistent messaging that serves user needs and aligns with business objectives. You’ll drive product positioning and communication strategy alongside your design, product, and marketing partners, and create delightful, intuitive product experiences that leverage your expertise in UX design and content strategy.Responsibilities
As a senior content designer at Thumbtack, you will:
- Design, write, edit, test and improve content across multiple touch points, including product flows, navigational elements, product names, emails, tutorials, and notifications
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams with designers, data analysts, researchers, engineers, product managers, and marketing team members
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to influence product decisions, team direction, and strategy
- Give and solicit feedback from UX design peers and contribute to the team through mentoring, onboarding, and crit participation
- Ensure a consistent voice and tone across Thumbtack product content
- Develop content frameworks and product narratives that explain your recommendations and help partners understand the practice of content design
- Understand the relationship between business goals and user needs
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of professional writing experience
- 4+ years of experience in UX writing or content design
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with design and product partners
- Ability to articulate your rationale clearly
- Ability to work independently, juggle multiple work streams, and deliver on tight timelines
- Portfolio of writing samples
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
For candidates living in San Francisco / Bay Area, New York City, or Seattle metros, the expected salary range for the role is currently $178,500 - $241,500. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.