WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM
TKWW is looking for a Director of Data Science & Analytics to build statistical models, reports, and analytical tools that will increase our operational efficiency and drive incremental revenue. A key focus of this role will be on monetization and pricing of our marketplace, but the role also encompasses supporting a variety of business stakeholders, including Sales, Operations, Finance, and certain product lines internationally and in the US. This is a highly technical position where data science, statistics, and machine learning play a major role, but knowledge of analytics and data engineering are also required. The Director will report to the Head of Data and will be responsible for growing and setting the strategy and vision for their team.
- Manage, grow, and mentor a global team of data scientists and analysts.
- Inform our pricing strategy and develop algorithmic methods to optimize product pricing across different countries, markets, and categories.
- Build statistical and machine learning models to solve core business problems, such as pricing optimization, elasticity modeling, customer churn, lead scoring, lifetime value, and recommender systems.
- Build a reporting stack tailored to the stakeholder needs, including high-level executive reports and domain-specific operational reports.
- Lead vendor segmentation efforts to generate insights that can inform our sales and acquisition strategy.
- Improve upon existing methodologies for measuring marketplace performance in a subscription-based plan scenario.
- Explore and experiment with alternative auction-based monetization plans, including pay-per-lead and pay-per-booking approaches.
- Think holistically about the data needs of the organization across data science & analytics, business intelligence, machine learning, and data engineering.
- Design and conduct A/B testing experiments and advocate for an iterative learning culture.
- Develop tools and data products that automate manual work, increase operational efficiency, and empower users via self-service.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE
- Experience with implementing pricing optimization and elasticity models with demonstrable business impact.
- Advanced degree in statistics, data science, operations research, engineering, or computer science (PhD highly desired).
- Excellent communicator with ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Strong SQL and Python programming skills.
- Strong knowledge of applied statistics and machine learning.
- Experience working at a two-sided marketplace or eCommerce company.
- High-level understanding of data architecture, data pipelines, and database design.
- Knowledge of visualization and proficiency in at least one visualization tool.
- 4 years of data science leadership.
- Strong track record of influencing the organization and driving tangible business impact.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
We believe in a wide range of holistic offerings to support our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out. From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting the Moments that Matter both in and out of the “office”. We offer flexible vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
TKWW’s approach to the future of work: At the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, TKWW pivoted all global employees to remote work while prioritizing physical and mental wellbeing. While the majority of our global offices are open and available at this time, all TKWW employees have the ability to work remotely full time through the length of 2022. Upon entering our “new normal”, TKWW will pilot a hybrid work model where employees will have additional flexibility. (Note: employees who were hired into remote positions will continue to work fully remotely.)
US Notice: The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
US Applicants: If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your state-specific job description. In the subject line, please add the specific job title of the role you are applying to. Please also be sure to specify your state of residence.