WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
As a member of the Tracking Architecture team, you will work with both business and technology stakeholders to implement the website/mobile application tracking strategy. Supporting the technical design, construction, delivery, and maintenance of TKWW’s event-based reporting tools. The perfect candidate takes a methodical approach to addressing tracking needs for the organization and is focused on balancing business needs with technical impact. You also have front-end experience, but a passion for understanding how front-end work intertwined with business and product objectives.
- Work closely with Data Analytics, Data Science, and Product teams to identify and gather requirements for tracking on TKWW websites and mobile applications
- Work closely with developers and digital product owners to implement the event architecture and conduct necessary quality assurance checks
- Responsible for maintaining documentation from the Tracking Architecture team via Confluence
- Work on ad-hoc basis to implement additional tracking to support advertising and marketing journey tags
- Provide general troubleshooting assistance for the analytics team as well as provide guidance for data integrity issues
- Work with development teams to ensure analytics tracking QA during production cycles
- Perform routine quality assurance checks to guarantee clean data for the Analytics team
- Support a data-driven culture and strong collaboration with cross functional teams
- Help Product, Marketing, & Development teams define user actions and the important meta-data associated with those actions
- Enable user clicks and similar interactions to pass through to downstream services or warehouses
- Documentation and Governance
SUCCESSFUL DATA ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 2-3 years experience with event streaming, messaging between microservices, and data streaming and messaging services like Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, or Segment, Rudderstack
- Exposure to tag management systems, such as Adobe Dynamic Tag Management (DTM), Google Tag Manager, etc.
- Understanding of web metrics, KPIs and tracking variables
- Knowledge of SQL Server and language frameworks
- Experience with front-end web or analytics development tools
- Exposure to Tag audit and session replay tools such as Tag inspector, Tealeaf, Fullstory, etc.
- Understanding of testing and optimization platforms (Adobe Target, Optimizely, etc.)
- Understanding of Data Management Platforms (DMP) such as Adobe, BlueKai, etc.
- Understanding of Mobile SDK tools for reporting (i.e. Google Firebase)
- Understanding of ETL and ELT processes
- Understanding of Customer Data Platforms (CDP) and their usefulness
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
We believe in a wide range of holistic offerings to support our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out. From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting the Moments that Matter both in and out of the “office”. We offer flexible vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
TKWW’s approach to the future of work: At the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, TKWW pivoted all global employees to remote work while prioritizing physical and mental wellbeing. While the majority of our global offices are open and available at this time, all TKWW employees have the ability to work remotely full time through the length of 2022. Upon entering our “new normal”, TKWW will pilot a hybrid work model where employees will have additional flexibility. (Note: employees who were hired into remote positions will continue to work fully remotely.)
US Notice: The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
US Applicants: If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, please email email@example.com to request your state-specific job description. In the subject line, please add the specific job title of the role you are applying to. Please also be sure to specify your state of residence.