At The Infatuation, we’re on a mission to create the most trustworthy and useful restaurant recommendation platform. We’re looking to expand our travel coverage with guides to the best restaurants (with some hotel recommendations) in cities both in the US and all around the world. Here are some recent examples of our guides to Berlin, Barcelona, and Portland, ME.
While we’re open to pitches for destinations anywhere in the world, here’s a list of specific places we’re looking for in the next few months:
US Regional Guides:
Boston, Denver, Phoenix, Vegas, Orlando, Detroit, Minneapolis, Dallas, San Jose, Silicon Valley and surrounding areas, ski destinations (Vail, Tahoe, Mammoth, etc.)
Tulum, Todos Santos, Oaxaca City, Cabo, Cancun, Puerto Escondido
The Caribbean & South America:
Jamaica (Kingston), San Juan, Lima, Buenos Aires, Santiago
Madrid, San Sebastian, Mallorca & Menorca, Sicily (Catania or Palermo), Amalfi Coast, Puglia, Croatia, The Greek Islands
Rest of the world:
Japan, Thailand, Bali, Tel Aviv, Cape Town
What we’re looking for in writers:
- You currently live in the destination you want to write about, and are very familiar with the city.
- You have a deep knowledge of the best restaurants in the destination you're pitching, from classic standbys to essential recent openings. We’re less interested in the usual tourist spots, and would rather highlight restaurants that make the destination unique and that visitors shouldn’t miss.
- You’re an exceptional, compelling writer. We’re looking for people with a distinctive voice who feel comfortable writing in our talk-to-me-like-a-friend style.
Some other things to know:
- Our guides are made up of between 10-20 restaurants, along with 3-5 hotel recommendations. A typical restaurant and hotel write-up is around 3-5 sentences.
- Our rates start at $600 per guide with flexibility for more if you’re able to take photos and videos.
Interested? Please pitch us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the destination guide you’re looking to write, a list of 3-5 restaurants you’d want to include on the guide (and a short explanation as to why), any round-up clips you’ve written, and your bio.