Salary $35 an hour job type part-time contract number of hires for this role 1
Full job description
Audio visual estimator/technical sales support
Independent contractor *
$35.00 p/h 35 hours p/wk
Independent contractor position-ideal for retired av professional or someone who enjoys numbers and technology
Will work remotely/home office with minimum site visit engagement
Must be a prince george’s county resident
Position: audio-visual estimator/technical sales support: the person that is the right fit for this position is self-motivated, able to work remotely, and without supervisionYour primary function is putting together complete bid packages, fee proposals, quotes and estimates for commercial & government projects, and providing estimates for proposalsSo, you must be organized and capable of following up on bid opportunities and leads as they arise, in a timely, consistent, effective manner.
Your secondary (but just as important) role is providing technical support to the business development teamSince engaging with potential clients is a part of the job, you will need to have strong customer engagement skills including building relationships and providing technical support during client meetings.
What you will be doing:
· conducting site surveys, reviewing drawings to understand customer needs.
· work with director of technical operation, the business develop group, and support staff to prepare and deliver full bid packages, quotes, estimates, and fee proposals.
· accurately manage and maintain sales and customer documentation.
· estimate and potentially manage audiovisual projects
· respond in a timely fashion (this is critical) to leads and requests for bids – this is a deadline driven position.
· ensure that bids are focused on profitability and best value.
· ask appropriate and probing questions during the bidding process and submit questions and requests for information during the process.
· review specifications and plans and prepare a bill of materials.
· attend pre-bid meetings, conduct site surveys, review drawings.
· prepare materials, travel, & labor cost estimatesAssemble complete estimating packages.
· prepare accurate quantity take-offs and unit pricing.
· interface with easyav technical operations team to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
· assist director of technical operation on any needs or situations that arise during the engineering process related to equipment or design.
· nurture relationships with clients, vendors, reps, and manufacturers at the highest levels
· support business development in client meetings providing the technical expertise to present technology options to decisions makers
What we are looking for:
Minimum 5 years av or it experience (estimating experience preferred)
Familiarity with autocad and project management in commercial av and low voltage wiring
· ability to read and interpret drawings & plans
· design and engineering knowledge of audio, video, interactives, digital media, control systems…etc.
· knowledge and experience with quotewerks (desired)
· experience preparing bid packages with minimal supervision
· high attention to detail, professional demeanor, thorough and logical approach to work
· must be able to multitask on several projects simultaneously
· cts and/or relevant manufacturer certifications (desired)
· strong oral and written communication, excellent organizational skills, and solid customer service skills
Knowledge in these areas would be helpful:
· audio/visual integration & conferencing
· physical security (cctv, access control, etc)
· telecommunications (networks, circuits, wired/wireless, fiber, etc)
· communications (radios, voip/cell/satellite, etc)
· it hardware and/or software cyber security
Be a prince george’s county resident
Must be a u.sCitizen (proof)
At least 5 years’ experience in the av or it industry
Job types: part-time, contract
Pay: $35.00 per hour
Monday to friday
Working remotelySocial distancing at in-person meetings and masks required.
Are you a resident of prince george`s county maryland?
Audiovisual: 3 years (required)
Work location: remote