Company Name Withheld
Job type part-time
Full job description
This internship is being offered in collaboration with studio institute.
Before applying, verify you:
1) will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the fall 2021 semesterYou must be a junior or senior.
2) reside in the city of chicago
3) have an expected family contribution of less than $5000This number is on your fafsa form, to see what it looks like - click here.
1) to apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, studio institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the programNote: once you're verified as eligible for arts intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd likeYou do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) you will forward this confirmation email, along with your cv, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject arts intern summer 2021 approved application.
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to madeleine tudor at [email protected]
This internship is planned to take place virtually.
The field museum of chicago seeks a design intern to create a series of graphics, including illustrations and diagrams, that showcase aspects of community life, environment, and industry in the calumet region of chicago and northwest indianaThe intern will use existing maps and photographs of specific sites or areas as a base on which to design and produce visual overlays that depict past, present, and/or future scenariosThe project will also include the creation of network diagrams and other schematics to be used with the visual overlays.
The intern will work in the keller science action center with the senior environmental social scientist and team to learn and discuss which aspects of particular sites should be emphasized, and how concepts should be “translated” to visually communicate relevant aspects and messagingThey will be responsible for working collaboratively, but with initiative, to conceptualize, design, draft, and produce the series of graphics, and deliver them in an accessible file formatThe graphics created through this project will be used in conjunction with a management plan for the calumet heritage area, an effort that is co-led by the field museum.
Skills: experience working with design programs indesign and/or adobe illustrator, or equivalent; experience with free-hand illustration; good communication skills; good conceptual skills; ability to work independently; knowledge of web development programs a plus; interest in museums and museum techniques plus; interest in history, environment and /or diverse communities a plus.
Visit the program details page for more information and view the internship description on studio institute's website.