I’m Claudia, the Head of Product at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 7,500 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Product Manager who’s passionate about building amazing product experiences and helping people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
The job in a nutshell
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary
As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for creating and shipping products that help hundreds of thousands of users around the world land their dream job.
Together with a cross-functional team, you’ll take ownership of translating our product vision and strategy into a roadmap, ensure seamless product delivery and drive feedback loops on what has been shipped.
Your goal is to give our customers and their candidates the best experience possible out there! This is an amazing opportunity for a product manager that is looking to embark on an entrepreneurial journey and is ready to put a dent in the universe!
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Define a vision, strategy and roadmap that drives maximum impact for your area of the customer and candidate experience
- Drive product execution: gather requirements, define functionality, set goals, deliver with your team against these goals, resolve quality issues
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders (Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, etc.). to factor their requirements into product decisions
- Talk to users on a regular basis: our customers that create assessments as well as candidates taking the assessment
- Leverage data and user insights to create solutions that satisfy and solve user needs
- Create clear and thoughtful documentation that can easily be understood and used by both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ensure UX and product-led growth is at the heart of what we build
- Gain a broader understanding of trends in the HR and HR-tech vertical that impact product development
- Work in a collaborative, talented distributed team across the globe
Here's what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You have a track record of shipping and scaling high quality products that effectively service the needs of both customers and the business
- You have creative and innovative problem solving skills and feel comfortable engaging in detailed conversations about strategy and product design with both non-technical and technical audiences
- You are data driven and use that skill to drive strategic decisions for the product you are working on. Making sure we tackle the biggest opportunities in the most effective way
- You’re able to think big, but start small. You can establish a north star for your product while maintaining an agile mindset towards getting there.
- You have a user-first mindset. You’re passionate about understanding their needs and continuously improving their experience
- You have strong collaboration and relationship building skills that allow you to build cross-functional relationships
- You have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and attention to detail
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in the fast paced environment of an early-stage startup that is operating remotely around the globe
We typically expect candidates with at least 2 y. of experience in a Product Management position to have the skills mentioned above.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a high growth product-led startup
- You have domain experience working in HR-tech and/or SaaS
- You have led detailed short-term product roadmaps while keeping the longer term vision intact
- You have strong experience with UI/UX design, and you are passionate about design and creating beautiful products
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer solid core values and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions, faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.