Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5 time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average
- The perks. Taskrabbit offers employee-paid health insurance, 401k match with immediate vesting, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more.
About the Role:
Machine Learning is a key element in Taskrabbit and we are scaling up our functional teams to provide key insights to drive our business forward.
You will be a member of the Data Group: Machine Learning, Data Science and Data Engineering. We are a force multiplier, owning the data, analysis, and knowledge infrastructure that enables ourselves and our teammates to move faster and smarter.
As a machine learning engineer, you will be working on the development and improvement of our ranking and recommendation models. You will also drive the innovative solutions for recommendation systems and will work closely with the ML infra engineers to deploy the state-of-the-art algorithms in production. You will also work with other data scientists and machine learning engineers to ensure that our models are performant, scalable and reliable to be deployed for testing.
Join us in transforming lives, one task at a time.What You'll Work On:
- Develop and enhance machine learning algorithms for search ranking and recommendation systems, utilizing state-of-the-art techniques and methodologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, software engineers, and product managers, to understand business requirements and translate them into effective solutions.
- Implement and maintain scalable and efficient systems for data collection, preprocessing, and feature engineering to support the development phases.
- Optimize and fine-tune machine learning models to improve their accuracy, efficiency, and scalability.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field of machine learning, ranking, and recommendation systems and propose innovative ideas to improve our systems.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging of ML models to ensure their robustness and stability in real-world scenarios.
- Document and communicate technical concepts, solutions, and recommendations effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of best practices, coding standards, and ML engineering frameworks within the team.
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we're thinking about what you'll need to be successful in the role.
- Minimum of an MSc degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field. PhD is a plus.
- Solid understanding of machine learning algorithms and techniques, particularly in the context of ranking and recommendation systems.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or C++, and experience with ML libraries/frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, scikit-learn, XGBoost).
- Strong knowledge of data processing and manipulation using SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark) and distributed computing is desirable.
- Familiarity with software engineering principles and best practices, including version control systems (e.g., Git) and agile development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex data sets to derive actionable insights.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality ML solutions
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At taskrabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, taskrabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.Equal Opportunity Employer
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.