At Tanium, our Technical Account Managers (TAMs) serve as the linchpin of every customer engagement. Working closely with our customers to demo, deploy, operationalize, and extend the Tanium platform, our TAMs thrive on solving problems and building new technology. As a TAM, you will be faced with an endless series of hard problems to tackle as our customers revolutionize enterprise operations and security with Tanium. Because the TAM position encompasses a wide range of responsibilities and opportunities, we seek exceptionally versatile candidates with demonstrable acumen in each of the below areas.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our customers to:
- Demo, deploy, operationalize, and extend the Tanium Platform
- Solve problems and build new technology (R&D)
- Consistently and cogently address our customers’ needs through astute verbal and written communication skills
- Thrive in a team-oriented culture through delivering a significant individual contribution while collaborating with and strengthening teammates
- Think critically, spanning the sales process through customer support, troubleshooting, and developing new capabilities on the Tanium platform
- Work closely with CSMs on improving Tanium operational status within key accounts
- Expected to travel up to 25% of the time on average (can vary by region)
We’re looking for someone with:
- BS degrees in computer science, MIS, or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years experience in technical positions required
- 2+ years of experience in customer-facing or customer support positions
- 4+ years’ of operational experience in endpoint operations or security
- Hands-on Tanium experience a major plus
- A demonstrated track record of taking ownership of complex initiatives and producing successful outcomes
- Demonstrated aptitude in one or more programming languages
- Broad knowledge across several technical domains, coupled with deep knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting
- Incident response
- Systems Management
- Systems Administration
- Software Engineering
- Utility Scripting (e.g. bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission first attitude
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.