At Tanium, our Field Director of Technical Account Managements (DTAMs) fulfil a necessary role in our organisation by serving our customers in helping to understand the Tanium value proposition. DTAMs build and own the technical account strategy for their assigned customer accounts. Operating in a collaborative team environment with other TAMs, Developers, Enterprise Services, and Sales, DTAMs contribute to each customer’s success by supporting the Tanium platform in the field through leveraging the best practices to operationalise Tanium and lead technical sales opportunities for our most strategic accounts.
Tanium's DTAMs are the most experienced Field TAMs in the organisation and are seen as trusted leaders and experts in all areas of account management, technical depth, and leadership within the team. DTAMs own the technical relationship and champion building with their customer technical and business decision-makers.
What You'll Do:
- Manage customer accounts by
- Solving Level 1, 2, and 3 cases
- Conducting health-checks
- Assisting others with their assigned customers
- Leading the improvement of the Tanium operational status within customer accounts
- Improve customer experience by
- Documenting best practices
- Tracking activity, documenting root cause, and reporting
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert, focusing mostly on the strategic planning, testing, troubleshooting, and technical pre-sales aspects of the area
- Leading training sessions
- Mentoring other TAMs
- Participating in, and leading, the technical interview process
- Driving innovation by leading initiatives to develop new capabilities on the Tanium platform
- Providing technical leadership within and outside of their immediate team
- Driving sales results by
- Leading technical pre-sales opportunities as both a technical subject matter expert and technical sales expert
- Participating in, or leading, marketing events from a technical perspective
- Contributing to, or leading, go-to-market efforts being driven by our Technical Solutions Engineering organisation
We’re Looking for:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
- Experience and Skills
- Must Have:
- 8+ years in the industry with solid technical skills in multiple areas such as networking, security, operations, scripting, and/or programming
- Experience in one or more of the following technical domains: Endpoint Security, Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting, Incident Response, Systems Management, Utility Scripting (bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python)
- Experience managing enterprise customers and leading strategic pre-sales opportunities
- Prior experience and breadth of knowledge needed to lead customers and internal teams
- Has mastered many new concepts and technologies; continually striving to master the Tanium platform and modules
- Critical thinking and problem solving; can break problems down into manageable, ordered piece parts and masterfully convey the problem statement and plan to others. DTAMs think critically, spanning the customer lifecycle, and develop new capabilities on the Tanium platform with a high level of autonomy
- Troubleshooting; has mastered enterprise-level troubleshooting
- Good Judgement; takes self-governed, consistent, action to prioritise and weigh cost and value in order to determine the action most appropriately aligned with the Tanium and our mission
- Independent; can work on the most complex problems; should be able to complete tasks that are not well documented; participate in projects specific to their current skills and follow established technical support procedures only requiring help on more complex initiatives or issues
- Communication; have mastered executive communication and demonstrate emotional intelligence, and patience, in all forms of communication. Anticipate blockers and delays for their work and the work of others, and communicate appropriately before requiring escalation. DTAMs also analyse whether tasks are the highest and best use of time and practices the redirecting of erroneous requests to re-focus on tasks that will accomplish the key business objectives
- Influencing; demonstrate strong and consistent influence skills, working effectively with their team and strategic customers, to present logical and compelling arguments to enhance innovation and efficiencies
- Leadership; constructively lead in recognising when conditions have changed and the team needs to adapt. This requires an attitude and drive that also leads the team in spotting emerging trends and patterns quickly, solving hard problems, and generating creative solutions. DTAMs have a deep sense of ownership in the work that they do, no matter how small the task. They are willing to jump into any effort to help the team succeed
- DTAMs actively seek out leadership opportunities, including leading other members of the team, without prompting from leadership. DTAMs have a reputation within, and outside of, their team for being highly collaborative
- They use this thinking to actively mentor and coach others to aid in their professional achievement and help avoid problems/high-risk behaviour
- Good to Have:
- Hands-on Tanium experience
- Relevant technical certifications (Google IT Support Professional Certificate, CISSP, MCSE, A+/Security+/Network+ combined, etc.)
- Must Have:
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasises the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionising the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organisation with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking Care of Our Team Members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.