At Tanium, our Support Technical Account Manager (STAM) fulfills a necessary role in our organization to serve our customers by resolving technical issues and answering technical questions that customers have in a timely manner. With a primary focus on customer satisfaction, Support TAM’s work both reactively & proactively to improve the overall experience of our customers when using Tanium. This role will report to a Support Manager.
As an Associate Support TAM, you’ll have continuous opportunities to apply your best technical skills while building new skills ranging from scripting to debugging.
Essential Job Functions
Solving customer issues by:
- Triaging, managing and solving reported customer issues and cases.
- Assisting customers with Tanium platform/module upgrades
- Working with other Support TAM’s to assist with their assigned cases
- Able to work flexible shifts and on-call schedules to ensure availability for customer issues
Improve customer experience by:
- Documenting best practices
- Tracking activity, documenting root cause, and reporting
- Testing and troubleshooting the Tanium platform and customer environmental issues with a goal of becoming a subject matter expert.
- Testing Tanium and providing feedback to Engineering teams on how we can improve the overall customer experience
- Participating in Technical panel interviews for STAM candidates as needed.
Minimum & Preferred Job Qualifications
- Associates degree
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience and Skills
Must Have :
- 1+ years in their career field with technical skills in one or more areas of networking, security, operations, scripting, and/or programming.
- Ability to master new concepts and technologies; continually striving to master the Tanium platform and modules.
- Problem solving; can break problems down into manageable, ordered piece parts and successfully convey the problem statement and plan to others.
- Aptitude for comprehending complex troubleshooting.
- Good judgement: understand the importance of weighing cost and value in decision making and practice making good judgement calls with improved consistency over time.
- Independent; should be able to independently work on problems; should be able to complete tasks with limited assistance; participate in projects and follow technical support procedures only requiring help on more complex enterprise initiatives or issues.
Good to Have:
- Prior customer/technical support experience and knowledge
- Hands-on Tanium experience.
- Relevant technical certifications (Google IT Support Professional Certificate, CISSP, MCSE, A+/Security+/Network+ combined, etc.).
- Experience/certification/education in one or more of the following technical domains: Endpoint Security, Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting, Incident Response, Systems Management, Utility Scripting (bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python.).
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Person of high ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Travel Requirements: [10% of time expected to travel]
- Ability to be on-call and work varying work schedule to support Tanium’s Global Customers.
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.