We’re looking for an entry-level DITA content strategy consultant. This is a client-facing consulting role whose measure of success is establishing our team as trusted client advisors.
Under the guidance and with the support of the Senior Content Strategist, this role helps develop facilitate, and present information architecture, content strategy, and content transformation for our clients. You will work closely with other members of the team, including user experience specialists, taxonomy specialists, and business analysts.
- Assess client’s content goals to determine the correct content strategy; in particular, to assess whether DITA is the correct strategic choice for the client to achieve their goals.
- Review and assess content workflows and operations. Recommend modifications to workflows and operations where appropriate and collaborate with clients to implement those modifications.
- Collaborate with clients to develop and implement
- Content models
- Re-use strategies
- Metadata strategies (in collaboration with Tahzoo taxonomy consultants)
- Publishing, delivery, and user experience strategies
- Develop awareness of the DITA tools market and collaborate with clients to select the right tools to fulfill their strategies, including
- Editing tools (XML editors, and other editing tools as appropriate for the authors and reviewers)
- Component content management systems
- Publishing tools, including the DITA Open Toolkit
- Reviewing tools
- Translation management systems and related tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Professional Writing, or Technical Writing, or Certificate in Technical Writing; a Bachelor’s degree or certificate – with one (1) year of relevant technical writing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA); at least one year of experience with DITA preferred
- Working knowledge of common DITA tools, including component content management systems (CCMS) and XML editors preferred.
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Tech savviness with an initiative to learn new software and tools quickly
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders