WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
SVP, People, Sword Health
Location: Flexible; preference for EST, and CST time zones
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer, we have experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of rapid scaling and seek individuals with passion, commitment, and energy.
Joining Sword Health means being part of over 700 talented colleagues who are moved to “Do it for the patients” and “deliver more than expected” every day while pioneering novel products and cutting-edge technologies.
This is an opportunity to make a significant difference on a grand scale towards a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people, and accessible to all.
Partnering with the Chief People Officer, this leader will build and guide Sword’s People Operations and People Experience teams on a global basis, with responsibility for onboarding, learning and leadership development, performance management and professional development, HR compliance, employee relations, total rewards, people systems, people business partnering, diversity, equity and inclusion, and more.
Given the early stage of Sword’s development, the role provides a unique opportunity to both build the infrastructure for and manage, all things People (outside of talent acquisition) on a global basis in order to take Sword Health through its projected rapid growth over the next several years. Depending on the experience of the candidate selected, this role could be titled as SVP or VP.
• Articulate and execute a clear vision for People Operations & Experience globally to support our rapid scaling and high-performing operations
• Build and develop best-in-class People teams globally to meet current and future business needs
• Partner with key leaders on all people issues to help deliver business outcomes, while preserving and enhancing Sword’s culture
• Collaborate closely with Talent Acquisition to ensure seamless People team operations and employee experience
• Ensure Sword’s core values are at the heart of all daily activities
• Design and build the capacity of people business partners, to deliver strategic value to the business leaders with whom they partner, including talent management and succession planning
• Implement People metrics and analytics to measure programs' effectiveness and identify improvement areas.
• Drive initiatives to foster a positive and rewarding work environment, enhance employee satisfaction, and promote DE&I
• Drive a performance culture through effective performance management, professional development, and succession planning
• Create a learning culture at Sword, through effective onboarding, knowledge management, and leadership development opportunities
• Be a strong partner of Finance in setting compensation & total rewards strategy, ensuring industry competitiveness and internal equity
• Ensure rigorous compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements
• Design and implement IT systems and other processes to deliver highly-efficient and -effective operations
Ideal profile: A demonstrated record of successful senior People leadership roles at high-performing established companies (to know “what good looks like”) and earlier-stage rapidly-scaling companies, (to know “how to build it, while operating it”)
Key qualifications: Sword is an early-stage company, so we need a leader who can develop scalable programs and execute disciplined processes and systems but also is hands-on, resourceful, and adaptable. This leader will be a strong partner to leaders in all parts of our business; as such, they will have solid executive presence and credibility and EQ to work at all levels.
Sword’s nearly 700 employees today principally are in the United States and in Portugal, where Sword was founded. We will continue to open new markets over the next few years, so it is important that candidates have worked across multiple geographies and helped pioneer new ones. Sword is a data-driven organization, so the leader necessarily will be analytical, and highly metrics- and performance-oriented.
• Demonstrated success in collaborating cross-organizationally to ensure mission and values are present in initiatives
• High integrity and moral compass in all decision-making and actions
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.