Spatial Front is searching for a Technical Writer to support our federal contract with NHTSA. This is a remote, full-time W2 role.
The candidate will use their knowledge of the NHTSA mission, programs, and activities to create written materials to communicate these initiatives effectively to public audiences, research and report on related activities, and conduct other outreach support activities.
- Assists in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Edits functional descriptions, system specifications, user's manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents
- Create and update documents to support the management and facilitation of the study data standards activities and meetings (e.g., meeting agenda, action items).
- Create or revise process documents, as needed, that address operations of the mutual recognition agreement (i.e., how to use an inspection provided by an accepted country).
- Interview, participate in meetings and work closely with SFI and NHTSA officials, senior leaders, and program experts to write effective end user training documentation, transfer of knowledge, informational publications and briefing documents that accurately reflect and effectively communicate the programs and objectives of the organization and allow staff to find answers to commonly asked questions.
- Review publications and materials written by other SFI/NHTSA authors and make recommendations for improvement or assume ownership of draft documents and make improvements based on the organization's goals, stakeholder needs, and the highest standards for accuracy and excellence.
- Write, edit and/or post targeted electronic content postings from start to finish using database management software and other systems as needed.
- Provide routine research and outreach support to SFI/NHTSA staff. The range of activities includes (but is not limited to) preparing routine reports, researching answers to customer and staff queries, producing, and delivering time-sensitive materials, and working on special research and outreach projects.
- Research and performing fact-checking and research; providing staff support for meetings, events, and interviews; preparing written and ad hoc reports; and writing, editing, and formatting non-technical content for use in presentations, press releases, online posts, briefings, publications, etc.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer science or similar area, or substitute eight years of related experience.
- The candidate will have demonstrated writing and editing skills, a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of professional or technical writing experience.
- The candidate will have demonstrated outreach, general business, and administrative skills, with a minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- The candidate should have a portfolio of articles, speeches and/or other technical writing samples that demonstrate his or her prior professional writing experience.
- The candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; and Adobe Acrobat; in new media tools (such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube); and in online outreach and assessment tools.
- Adhere to all applicable IT practices, policies and procedures while performing all system and database administration tasks.
- In order to meet the clearance requirements for this opportunity, candidates must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Ability to pass a US Public Trust background investigation for access to the client site and computing systems. You must have lived in the US for the past three (3) years.
- All candidates will be subject to a complete background check to include, but not limited to Criminal History, Education Verification, Professional Certification Verification, Verification of Previous Employment and Credit History.
- The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $75,000.
- This is a full-time remote position, Please no agencies, third parties, or corp.-to-corp.
- Equal-opportunity Employer, EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
- Spatial Front Inc. participates in E-Verify.
About the Company:
SFI is nationally recognized by Inc. Magazine by being awarded the Inc. 5000 Award in 2018 - 2021. We pride ourselves on being one of the premier employers in the VA, MD, DC area.
Our commitment to excellence in client services and product development means that our people are attentive, hands-on, and bring industry-leading expertise that will meet and exceed your needs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Every employee at SFI is a leader. We don't settle. We motivate others to reach their full potential. To learn more about us visit: www.spatialfront.com