Product Manager - Safework System
Brooklyn, New York / Remote
Since 2013, our founding mission at StrongArm Technologies has been unwavering: keep the world’s Industrial Athletes™ proud, protected and productive.
We recognize that the beating heart of our economy is made up of millions of hardworking and dedicated individuals who put their bodies on the line to perform critical job functions that positively impacts lives beyond their own. But that responsibility doesn’t come without its consequences. Far too often, preventable workplace injuries lead to lost shifts, missed paychecks and threatened livelihoods. That, to us, is unacceptable.
Industrial Athletes™ deserve an advocate and a platform dedicated to ensuring they get home safely after every shift. More than 38,000 workplace injuries across numerous job types, industries and operating environments occur around the world each hour, and our passionate team is fixated on solving this unnecessary problem through the use of technology.
From our home base in Brooklyn, New York, StrongArm Technologies develops innovative solutions and analyzes millions of hours of data, setting the foundation to help us achieve our mission of eliminating preventable workplace injury. From a couple of guys in a tech incubator to a company of more than 75 employees, our knowledge base and world-class pool of talent continues to develop as we grow the organization with a focus on end-to-end product development, data analytics, security, client success, operations and more.
In order to most effectively prevent injuries in a given operational environment, we work closely with each client across many dedicated and leading-edge teams, including client services, data and engineering, IT security and others. Each safety program is tailored to the needs of the workers on the ground and the managers who oversee them. The result is an actionable and scalable safety solution that seamlessly becomes part of a facility’s daily routine and is proven to prevent workplace injuries by as much as 64%.
As a Group Product Manager , Safework System on the Product + Design team, you will play a vital role in managing a suite of three products: a hardware system that measures ergonomics motion and provides real-time haptic alerting to encourage safer behavior, a productivity app that equips managers and leaders with the workflows they need to drive behavioral change, and a mobile application that Industrial AthletesTM engage with daily.
The Safework System has provided StrongArm with one of the largest industrial data sets on the market with more than 30 million hours of on-body data across 35k industrial athletes. In this role, you will grow that data set through creative and targeted product development efforts, partner with commercial teams to drive product education and adoption, rigorously test hypotheses and analyze outcomes using data, and collaborate with R&D to develop new algorithms and extrapolate insights that eliminate unnecessary workplace injuries, improving the lives of millions.
The ideal candidate is strategic and systems-driven, able to navigate the complexity of a suite of products spanning hardware, software, and data technologies while maintaining the customer and market-obsessed perspective required to set the right priorities. They’re also highly data-driven with extensive experience setting and managing KPIs, deriving and testing hypotheses, and conducting A/B tests to optimize the product. Most importantly, they’re a people-first leader who values openness and collaboration and is eager to provide mentorship to a team of highly talented, capable, and driven product managers.
- Help set product vision, strategy, objectives and key metrics, working with multiple C-level and VP stakeholders to create a strategic, clear, and enduring product roadmap.
- Build a product that combines productivity workflows with data-driven insights to drive behavioral change, strengthen safety culture, and provoke the actions that lead to injury reduction.
- Relentlessly consume and leverage data and user research to make informed decisions and design solutions for multiple customer personas including corporate leaders, shift supervisors, and Industrial Athletes.
- Manage and mentor a team of talented and driven product managers while also leading cross-functional product squad(s) consisting of a variety of disciplines including engineering, design, analytics, user research, and R&D.
- Collaborate with Commercial and R&D partners on product adoption and education initiatives while executing on customer data strategies.
- Drive tightly aligned business execution. Be responsible for driving adoption across the entire product (sensors, web, mobile) and leading initiatives related to company OKRs.
- Deliver regular release-level strategy and user story prioritization with development teams to execute against key product milestones.
- Work cross-functionally with other business unit leaders, analysts, user researchers, product marketers, and CSMs to devise GTM strategies, identify customer opportunities, and implement new systems and processes.
Key Requirements / Qualifications:
- 6-8 years of product management experience, ideally managing products in b2b SaaS, wearables, data, or IoT
- 2+ years of people management experience within product management and the ability to confidently identify, mentor, motivate, and grow talent
- Highly data-driven decision making proclivities with experience setting and managing KPIs, deriving and testing hypotheses, and conducting A/B tests; proficiency with self-serve analytics tools such as Amplitude, Mixpanel, or Pendo preferred
- Strong communication and leadership skills; highly adept at managing stakeholder expectations and balancing competing urgent priorities
- Analytical mindset and experience translating complex qualitative and quantitative customer feedback into successful products/features/solutions
- Problem solver able to take a complex business request and transform it into a clean, simple solution
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design, Marketing / Communications
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Aetna Health & Dental Insurance
- StrongArm sponsored 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Home Office in Brooklyn, NY with work from home flexibility
- And plenty of others!
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.