**Mid-level**Who We Are
Strateos has reimagined laboratories as smart data generation centers with the industry’s first Cloud Lab Automation-as-a-Service Platform. Strateos enables scientists to design, run, and analyze experiments achieving new and faster scientific discoveries. Our mission is to create new knowledge driven by data, computation, artificial intelligence, automation software, and high-throughput robotics with the goal of fundamentally advancing the life sciences.
- Our remote control and automated cloud labs are accessible from a web browser enabling scientists around the world to easily access and control small and large molecule, cell and gene therapy and synthetic biology workflows.
- Our smart lab facility design-build services and lab automation software enables organizations to control their own scientific instruments and laboratories locally and worldwide, schedule workflows and manage their scientific data.
As a member of the SEAL team, your work will focus on advancing our charter.
SEAL strives to enhance the scientific capabilities of the Strateos platform. From incorporating new instrument functionality to expanding the complexity of experiments to recording and analyzing data created during the experiment. These fundamental features drive the value of Strateos products.
SEAL employs an agile/scrum framework for SDLC with an emphasis on direct communication between members vs many scheduled meetings. Technically speaking, we work on several languages(Python/Java/Ruby/Scala), runtimes( Spring, Rails, Nodejs ) and services in a platform hosted on AWS. As a member of SEAL you are expected to :
- Estimate your work accurately and operate with deadlines
- Continually improve your technical skills and knowledge
- Consider business goals/objectives and customer impact in addition to technical considerations when making design decisions
- Communicate conscientiously
- Actively engage in improving team processes/structures
- 2-5 years of professional software development experience
- Fluency in Java or Python or Ruby
- Built API services: URL design, REST, authentication, swagger
- Developed in micro service environments: defined a service, created a runtime from scratch
- Used multiple models/technologies to connect services (i.e. message bus, api calls, database, queue)
- Developed on UNIX: understand process management, tcp networking, filesystem, etc.
- Knowledge of development environment services: Code version control, automated builds, containers, service orchestration
- Lead a 4+ week project. Completing on time and to quality standards
- The ability to draw clear diagrams and provide clean presentations of computing concepts
- Developed in the data layer: designed tables, implemented caches, improved query performance
- A can-do attitude and are a conscientious communicator
- Enjoyed working with a variety of languages/runtimes.
- A challenging environment that will push you to grow and improve professionally, every day
- Opportunities to learn new technologies and fields, along with the freedom to work on hard technology and real science
- Total Compensation includes: Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Wellness Program
- Lunch and unlimited snacks when in office
- Professional development budget
- 401(k) matching
Strateos is an equal opportunity employer