Strateos has reimagined laboratories as smart data generation centers with the industry’s first Cloud Lab Automation-as-a-Service Platform. Strateos enables scientists to design, run, and analyze experiments achieving new and faster scientific discoveries. Our mission is to create new knowledge driven by data, computation, artificial intelligence, automation software, and high-throughput robotics with the goal of fundamentally advancing the life sciences.
- Our remote control and automated cloud labs are accessible from a web browser enabling scientists around the world to easily access and control small and large molecule, cell and gene therapy and synthetic biology workflows.
- Our smart lab facility design-build services and lab automation software enables organizations to control their own scientific instruments and laboratories locally and worldwide, schedule workflows and manage their scientific data.
Our team charter is to have a positive impact on the Operator Experience through good coding practices and quickly delivering quality features. OX team builds the applications/features necessary to allow scientists and lab operators to manage and execute scientific procedures in an automated laboratory setting.
We are looking to add experienced software engineers who want to build the future of scientific discovery. Our team focuses on building applications, services, and features that provide users a mechanism to achieve reproducible and scalable experimental execution on the Strateos platform. This includes building and maintaining an intuitive laboratory information management system (LIMS) covering sample management, materials management, and generally connecting physical entities (samples, containers, etc.) with experimental intent and context.
We have a broad technology stack, utilizing multiple languages (Python, Ruby, Java, Scala) and frameworks (Rails, Spring, Node.js).You Have:
- Fluency in Rails with at least 5 years professional development experience (Java familiarity a plus)
- 7+ years of overall professional software development experience
- Knowledge of UNIX, system administration, networking, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud services, primarily AWS
- Proficiency in software engineering practices encompassing the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code/design reviews, source control management, CI/CD, testing, and infrastructure
- A proven understanding of storage and data processing systems, interface and API design, and the ability to use and apply them in real-world situations with complex constraints
- Experience implementing, scaling and debugging large scale distributed systems with an event driven architecture
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with a track record of driving collaboration both within your team and with other teams
- Ability to be a mentor for less-experienced peers through technical knowledge/leadership skills and advocate for technical excellence
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; the capability to take a high-level mission and translate it into action with minimal guidance
- Built API services: url design, REST, authentication, swagger
- Knowledge of development environment services: code version control (eg. git workflow), automated builds, containers, service orchestration (eg. kubernetes)
- Enjoys working with a variety of languages/runtimes
- A challenging environment that will push you to grow and improve professionally, every day
- Opportunities to learn new technologies and fields, along with the freedom to work on hard technology and real science
- Total Compensation includes: Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and Sign-on Bonus
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Wellness Program
- Lunch and unlimited snacks when in office
- Professional development budget
- 401(k) matching
Strateos is an equal opportunity employer