LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FULL STACK WITH, FRONT-END FOCUS
Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love. Our technology teams have created unique, innovative software for our customers as well as employees in merchandising, styling, warehouse systems, and inventory management. We leverage data and user research to personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a delightful offering for our customers and a successful business serving millions of women, men, and kids. We're looking for outstanding people to contribute to our evolution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Stitch Fix’s Styling Experience team is looking for an experienced Full-stack Engineer with a Front-End focus to join our team. You will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and evolving the software our stylists use to curate personalized Fixes for our clients.
This is a remote position available within the United States. We operate in an agile-inspired manner; collaborating across multiple time zones. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way and deliver long term value.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Develop business critical software at the heart of our custom Fix experience
- Collaborate directly with your users, Stitch Fix’s stylists
- Be a valued member of the engineering team - leading meetings, attending ceremonies, providing input on technical design documents & project plans, pairing with other engineers to work toward a solution, etc.
- Work within a distributed team of 6-10 software engineers and cross-functional partners who are passionate about their craft.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- Contribute to a culture of technical collaboration and scalable, resilient systems.
- Find new and better ways of doing things that align with business priorities.
- Participate in on-call rotations and improve the on-call experience for others.
- Write and review code in Ruby/React/Rails.
- You have roughly 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- You have hands-on experience with running modern web stacks (e.g. React, Ruby on Rails, Postgres, GraphQL, Redis, Kafka).
- You are a comfortable working the full stack, and have a particular passion for front-end work.
- You have strong communication skills and are able to develop strong working relationships with coworkers and business partners.
- You are bright, kind, and motivated by a challenge.
- You treasure helping your team members grow and learn.
- You take initiative and operate with accountability.
- You believe that strong teams are built on trust.
- You understand and focus on what is right for the customer.
- You build high-quality solutions and are pragmatic about weighing project scope and value.
- You are flexible, dedicated to your craft, and curious.
OUR TECH STACK INCLUDES...
- Ruby, Rails
- GraphQL,Postgres,Redis, and Kafka
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE...
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Fully support remote work
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.