*MUST BE LIVING IN HAWAII*
Squarespace is looking for an engaging Team Lead to join our award-winning Customer Operations department. You will manage, mentor, and guide a team of Customer Support Advisors or Associates who are responsible for providing front-line customer advocacy. At Squarespace, we're dedicated to providing our customers with an exceptional experience—from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses —to navigate our products so they can share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
As a Customer Support Lead, you will oversee the team’s daily responsibilities to ensure they have the tools and support to help exceed our Support goals. You will partner with peers and senior leadership to improve our support channels across email and live chat and help influence the broader department strategy—all the while strengthening team culture, driving customer happiness, and promoting employee development and success.
This is a full-time remote role, managing a team based in Hawaii. A Hawaiian Standard Time based schedule will be necessary. This role reports into a Customer Operations Manager based in Portland, Oregon.
You’ll Get To…
- Create a positive team culture. Manage your team’s adherence to company policies, performance expectations, and support metrics
- Stay current on Squarespace product developments and policies, and communicate with your team to support them through frequent changes
- Keep the team informed about the department and our goals. Help contextualize new programs to increase engagement and support. Surface the team’s feedback to promote agreement and collaboration with internal partners
- Write and provide team member feedback during bi-annual review cycles and deliver updates to compensation
- Foster a culture that values development. Encourage career development conversations in 1:1s, and find opportunities for your Advisors or Associates to work toward their career goals
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to coordinate training programs
- Help interview, hire, and onboard new Advisors or Associates
- Handle sensitive case escalations for the team, applying customer service skills to directly resolve complex cases and help frustrated customers
- Help with the support queues during peak chat and email hours as needed
Who We’re Looking For
- At least 2+ years experience directly managing customer support teams of 5+ individual contributors including experience with interviewing and hiring
- Experience working with performance targets (KPIs) and motivating team members to exceed goals in an inclusive team environment
- Background in written and verbal performance communications as well as providing feedback via regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports
- Experience driving solutions for operational and people management challenges
- Driving team culture and unity on both their direct teams and the wider global Customer Operations team
- Experience with data analysis and project management
- Adaptivity to an ever-changing product suite
- Proven experience with change management
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote stipend
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.