Squarespace Customer Operations empowers users via scalable self-help tools, personalized support, and customer advocacy. Customer Operations runs 24/7 with over 300 people based in New York, Dublin, and remotely. The Internal Content team leads knowledge management and documentation for the department. At the forefront of every product, policy, and workflow change, we ensure Support Advisors and Associates are equipped with organized and trusted information they need to provide the best customer support.
As a Technical Writer, you'll create internal documentation, macros (canned support responses), newsletters, and other resources for Customer Support. You'll focus on specific areas of our internal procedures and the Squarespace platform. You'll work closely with your teammates, ensuring your content is accurate, aligned with Squarespace style, and meeting our audience's needs. This is a great opportunity for a writer or content strategist with a background in support in a technology company.
This role reports to the Team Manager, Internal Content and can be based in our Dublin office or remote.
You’ll Get To…
- Write and continually refine documentation covering specific areas of our internal operations, tools, the Squarespace platform
- Write macros (canned responses for support emails)
- Contribute to internal Customer Support email newsletters and blogs
- Work with KB Technical Writers, Quality, Training, Product Operations, Customer Support, and other team members across the company to identify and close gaps in resources
- Increase your product knowledge and stay updated with platform and policy changes
- Give feedback to teammates through rotating peer reviews
- Help evolve the voice and knowledge management practices within Customer Operations
Who We’re Looking For
- The ideal candidate would have 2-4 years of experience in technical writing, content strategy, knowledge management, internal communications, L&D, or a related position in a technical customer support environment
- Experience building content strategy for specific operating procedures and product areas
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to build relationships with team members in multiple geographies and teams
- Comfortable with checking your ego at the door - open to feedback from multiple partners to make a guide perfect
- Experience in a client-facing or customer service role
- Desire to simplify and iterate
- Experience with documentation CMS, project management, and bug-tracking software
- Comfortable working in basic HTML
HOW TO APPLY
Attach a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to create internal support documentation. Examples could include articles, guides, or internal announcements.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Free lunch and snacks
- Close proximity to cultural landmarks such as Dublin Castle and St. Patrick’s Cathedral
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.Our Commitment
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.