The Frontend team at Squarespace is building one of the most advanced interfaces on the web. With it, our customers can easily create beautiful interactive websites and stores. If you are a Frontend Engineer who strives to go beyond what is possible in a web browser, we want to hear from you!
You will report directly to the Product Engineering Team Lead. This position can be a full-time remote position or located in New York.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID‑19.You'll Get To…
- Design and build new features into the Squarespace interface
- Take a lead role with other engineers and designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Keep our product up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies such as React and ES2016+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, readable code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Mentor junior team members
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up-to-date with the newest technologies
- Develop features and create fulfilling user experiences
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and dependable code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Health Savings Account with Squarespace funding
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Supplemental Insurance plans
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote Stipend
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.About Squarespace
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.Our Commitment
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.